Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone here collect 1/10th oz gold pandas by date?

If so, PM me.

Comments

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Im a lil dissapointed that just one person PMed me. I would have thought there were more of us in here.image
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I just do the silver....Kooks, Maple leafs, Lunar, Koalas.......image
    Becky
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have select examples, and saw an entire date set the other day in town, but it had been sold before I could get my clutches on the little bears.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>I have select examples, and saw an entire date set the other day in town, but it had been sold before I could get my clutches on the little bears. >>

What was the asking price on the complete date set? Putting together the 27 year run in even this small denomination is no easy feat!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    1 troy ounce golds for me. Hence, Tr Oz Au image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>1 troy ounce golds for me. Hence, Tr Oz Au image >>

I must say I also have the 1 Tr Oz Pt run (except the trial strike 1982) image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Here's a BIN or BO on eBay for 14 - 1/0th oz. comprising of 1982 - 1993 (with both S & Y 1987 mint marks) and a 1985 struck 1/10th oz Vault Protector (NO, my 1985 year for the Vault Protector is NOT wrong - the listing is wrong (1985 is 1/10th and 1990 is 1 troz).

Linky Dinky
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    trozau....is this an aftermarket set made by some company? Or is it produced by the Chinese mint with coins that were heldback from being released?
  • Options

<< <i>trozau....is this an aftermarket set made by some company? Or is it produced by the Chinese mint with coins that were heldback from being released? >>

I do not know for sure but I would WAG that it was probably done by Panda America (from actual inventory). image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>trozau....is this an aftermarket set made by some company? Or is it produced by the Chinese mint with coins that were heldback from being released? >>

I do not know for sure but I would WAG that it was probably done by Panda America. image >>

You know how I feel about them!image By the way, I just cut a check to Mish today for the remaining 12 pieces I needed to complete my 1/10th set. I have 7 different 1 oz pieces, but thats proving to be a much slower process.
  • Options

<< <i>You know how I feel about them!image By the way, I just cut a check to Mish today for the remaining 12 pieces I needed to complete my 1/10th set. I have 7 different 1 oz pieces, but thats proving to be a much slower process. >>

I, too, have gotten a few coins from Robert Mish (He sold me my 1987 San Fran Coin Show Panda and he told me that he had suggested the design for it). It has been a while since I bought from him. Don't be in a huury with your 1 ozs and you'll do well. Just make sure you keep up with the current issues so you don't have to chase them much later from their issue year. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have select examples, and saw an entire date set the other day in town, but it had been sold before I could get my clutches on the little bears. >>

What was the asking price on the complete date set? Putting together the 27 year run in even this small denomination is no easy feat! >>

I didn't ask, but I did look at it, it had the 1982 onwards.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What was the asking price on the complete date set? Putting together the 27 year run in even this small denomination is no easy feat! >>

I didn't ask, but I did look at it, it had the 1982 onwards. >>

There are some really tough dates in the series. Off the top of my head, the 1982, 1995, and 1998 come to mind. Expect to pay about $165, $225, and $400 respectively just on those 3 pieces. However, at least half of the 27 coin set can be had for near melt with some careful searching. The "semi-keys" will range from about $135-$150. So if you ever come across the entire date set at or slightly above melt, and all coins are in original plastic pouches....JUMP on it!!!
  • Options
    Right now I am looking for a 2004 set of Pandas.