Home Metal Detecting

1912 V nickel

worked a site that used to be a picnic site and was a main road area for early california travellers. seated and spanish coins have been dug here. today was not one of those days. 3 nice pistol balls and nickel.

Comments

• __--V--__ Victory image

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool... Cheers, RickO
  • Is the 1912 a key date?
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image

• << <i>Is the 1912 a key date? >>

Good point!--> 1912 S:

http://www.us-coin-values-advisor.com/Liberty-Nickel-key-dates.html#1912-S

I don't see a mint mark on DD's V :-(

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • nice find demo!...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Great stuff! Congrats.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • That would have been nice if that was a 1912-s key date. Still nice find!
    image I keep a census on Hawaii Error notes, Radars, Repeaters, Hawaii Stars (all denominations), Low serials, 6 of a kind, 7 of a kind, Canceled notes, AC blocks, ZB blocks, FC blocks, Uncut sheets and Late plates. If you have any information you would like to share please PM me. Thanks.image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad it ain't got an "S" on the reverse.

Dang, you'd think it would, bein' found in your neck o' the woods!

Ah, well. Still fun to find. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    i've dug several 1912 nickles, who knows maybe one of them has an "S". of all all my V's this one is probably the nicest looking. typically they come out in bad condition.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dug some stinky lookin' ones myself, including a 1912 or two (clearly without S's).

One or two I have found were decent, but most are crusty critters when dug.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.