Home Sports Talk
Options

I liked it better when Boston was pathetic

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
their fans were way more tolerable as lovable losers. I hope the cubs fans dont turn into arrogant, ignorant knuckleheads if they happen to luck into a few WSs.

Comments

• Options
    I just can't stand their bandwagon fans. Most couldn't tell you too much about the team pre-2000.
  • Options

<< <i>their fans were way more tolerable as lovable losers. I hope the cubs fans dont turn into arrogant, ignorant knuckleheads if they happen to luck into a few WSs. >>

Jealousy hates success. image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>their fans were way more tolerable as lovable losers. I hope the cubs fans dont turn into arrogant, ignorant knuckleheads if they happen to luck into a few WSs. >>

NO! Then they would be Yankee fans
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Boston area fans have been bragging about their team's championships in recent years.

Dam - I wish I could be able to do that. LOL
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Hyperion. Our apologies for not being neurotic messes like we were for 86 years. Look, maybe if you had to worry about following your father and grandfather into the ground without seeing one, you'd have reveled in the titles a little longer too. This is my dad's gravestone. Glad I don't know what it's going to say on mine yet. Get a life.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Wow Vito - too bad he never got to enjoy this time in Sox history. That just goes to show you how diehard Sox fans have been. I have been a Sox fan since the '75 series - so you can imagine all the crap I have had to go through. 1978. 1986. Great teams in the 1990's not being able to topple the Yankees. 2003 where Giambi's steriod juiced HR's deprived the Sox of their rightful place in the World Series. It goes on and on.

Through it all, I have been a fan. I hardly think Boston fans are "ignorant" either. Many people will tell you that some of the smartest and most knowledgeable fans follow Red Sox baseball. Sure there are bandwagon fans as of late, there always will be when a team is on top. But if you don't think we lifelong fans deserve to be a bit proud after all of this time, tough sh-t.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyperion is famous for being a jealous whiner of not only the Red Sox but the Patriots succes as well. He will soon be breathing fire about the Celtics too. He only wishes his teams were as succesfull.

Goot, Im not sure there are a bunch of "Bandwagon" fans honestly- Sox fans have lived and dyed through their pathetic pre 2004 teams for years, heartbroken every single year and we all at one point or another have made the good old "Im done with them after that" saying only to wear our hearts on our sleeves the next season yet again image
  • Options
    I am proud to be a "arrogant, ignorant knucklehead" Red Sox fan. image
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

Goot, Im not sure there are a bunch of "Bandwagon" fans honestly- Sox fans have lived and dyed through their pathetic pre 2004 teams for years, heartbroken every single year and we all at one point or another have made the good old "Im done with them after that" saying only to wear our hearts on our sleeves the next season yet again image >>

You live in New England though. Take a trip down to Tropicana Field for a series vs. the Rays and you'll know what I mean.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, Hyp, why all the hate for Boston sports? And calling perkdog a "moron" in the other thread is a little over the top. You are a much nicer guy over at the OFR. image

I will note that, if you believe in Karma, the Giants winning the Super Bowl and spoiling the perfect season did more to deflate the Patriots than Arlen Specter could.
  • Options

<< <i>I just can't stand their bandwagon fans. Most couldn't tell you too much about the team pre-2000. >>

Oh please, if your really believe that, then you don't know chit. There is not a more loyal fan base in sports than Red Sox fans.

Braves fans are the very definition of bandwagon. They run off what, 14 division titles in a row, and can't even sell out their playoff games.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still root for the Bruins and they haven't won since I was about seven years old!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just can't stand their bandwagon fans. Most couldn't tell you too much about the team pre-2000. >>

Oh please, if your really believe that, then you don't know chit. There is not a more loyal fan base in sports than Red Sox fans.

Braves fans are the very definition of bandwagon. They run off what, 14 division titles in a row, and can't even sell out their playoff games. >>

Do you live in Boston or in the Northeast? If so, then you don't know chit.

I don't understand why you get so defensive about your fanbase. As long as you know you're a true fan, then you shouldn't give a crap. As for Atlanta, I know the playoff thing is bad, but it's also a bit harder to sell out a stadium that isn't viewed as a historic monument and that seats 15,000 more than Fenway.
  • Options

<< <i>Jesus Christ, Hyp, why all the hate for Boston sports? And calling perkdog a "moron" in the other thread is a little over the top >>

Nah its par for the course with his drunken rants about Boston Sports, he spends his days with his fingers wrapped around a bottle trying to will Boston Teams to fail.

• Options
    You want some proof that Red Sox "Nation" grew tremendously after they got over the hump? Here's attendance for their games at Tropicana Field. I'm not going to use this year's since the Rays have had attendance increase all by themselves this year.

130 Mon, Aug 28 box TBD BOS W 5-2 17,721
    131 Tue, Aug 29 box TBD BOS L 0-8 17,450
    132 Wed, Aug 30 box TBD BOS W 3-1 15,043

(last weekend of the season)
    159 Fri, Sep 29 box TBD BOS W 8-6 18,290
    160 Sat, Sep 30 box TBD BOS L 2-4 23,477
    161 Sun, Oct 1 box TBD BOS W 3-2 (10) 28,043 (last game of the season)

1 Mon, Mar 31 box TBD BOS W 34,391 (opening day)
    2 Tue, Apr 1 box TBD BOS L 11,524
    3 Wed, Apr 2 box TBD BOS L 10,058
    4 Thu, Apr 3 box TBD BOS L 12,110

(last weekend of the season)
    160 Fri, Sep 26 box TBD BOS 21,240
    161 Sat, Sep 27 box TBD BOS 25,635
    162 Sun, Sep 28 box TBD BOS 24,138

2004 Last year before the World Series

37 Tue, May 18 box TBD BOS L 12,836
    38 Wed, May 19 box TBD BOS L 13,960
    39 Thu, May 20 box TBD BOS W 12,401

154 Mon, Sep 27 box TBD BOS L 17,602
    155 Tue, Sep 28 box TBD BOS L 20,116
    156 Wed, Sep 29 box TBD BOS W 21,274

83 Mon, Jul 3 box TBD BOS W 26,149
    84 Tue, Jul 4 box TBD BOS W 21,186
    85 Wed, Jul 5 box TBD BOS W 15,001

110 Fri, Aug 4 box TBD BOS L 27,871
    111 Sat, Aug 5 box TBD BOS W 30,603
    112 Sun, Aug 6 box TBD BOS W 30,093

• Options

<< <i>

Nah its par for the course with his drunken rants about Boston Sports, he spends his days with his fingers wrapped around a bottle trying to will Boston Teams to fail.

image >>

And it's a Sam Adams at that. image
  • Options
    I grew up in Buffalo. This is Yankee territory. Being ornery and contrary, I quickly zeroed in on the Red Sox around 1955. I used to pick up a station out of Hartford at night and listen to Curt Gowdy do the play by play. I listened to all of the Red Sox - Indian games and the Red Sox - Yankee games. I wouild make a detour to the drugstore on my way to school to get the paper. After expansion, I had to wait until after school to find out how the Sox had done & read the box scores [of course, I got a subscription to The Sporting News for Christmas]
    As for football, NY Giant territory. Was I a Cleveland Browns fan? Absolutely! It did help that they got a decent running back from Syracuse along about 1957. Naturally, I also started rooting for the Bills in 1960. [I wore Mike Stratton's #58 at both high schools I attended.] After Brown retired, I kept a soft spot for the Browns in my heart until they no longer exosted, but the Bills became my main focus.
    Being on the Canadian border, hockey is in your blood just as if you were a Canadian.
    The heartbreak of being a Sox fan has been well documented. 4 consecutive Super Bowls and no championship. The team will never get the respect they deserve [like Tarkenton's Viking's]. Buffalonians truly live and die with their Bills.
    Despite some very talented teams, it's been 40 years and just 2 Stanley Cup finals. They were both classics and we lost both.

It has been a tough life, but the net result is that I have a tremendous amount of character :-)) [ot, to those who know me, just a character!] I am guilt free about LIVING LARGE as a Red Sox fan at the moment!!!!! The feelings after a win or a loss are no different than they have been for 55 years. It's just that there are more days that bring joy than there are days of sorrow.

It's easy to root for a winner. Like many people with new money, these folks can be obnoxious beyond belief. Our only hope is that they get bored and fade away.

My apologies for the ramble, but I feel much better.

I hope to see many of you at the National. Booth 1538

Cameo's web page
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that there should be harmony amongst all sports fans and we should learn to get along and be cordial towards one another.

That is as long as they don't root for the Dallas Cowboys. image
  • Options

<< <i>I grew up in Buffalo. This is Yankee territory. Being ornery and contrary, I quickly zeroed in on the Red Sox around 1955. I used to pick up a station out of Hartford at night and listen to Curt Gowdy do the play by play. I listened to all of the Red Sox - Indian games and the Red Sox - Yankee games. I wouild make a detour to the drugstore on my way to school to get the paper. After expansion, I had to wait until after school to find out how the Sox had done & read the box scores [of course, I got a subscription to The Sporting News for Christmas]
    As for football, NY Giant territory. Was I a Cleveland Browns fan? Absolutely! It did help that they got a decent running back from Syracuse along about 1957. Naturally, I also started rooting for the Bills in 1960. [I wore Mike Stratton's #58 at both high schools I attended.] After Brown retired, I kept a soft spot for the Browns in my heart until they no longer exosted, but the Bills became my main focus.
    Being on the Canadian border, hockey is in your blood just as if you were a Canadian.
    The heartbreak of being a Sox fan has been well documented. 4 consecutive Super Bowls and no championship. The team will never get the respect they deserve [like Tarkenton's Viking's]. Buffalonians truly live and die with their Bills.
    Despite some very talented teams, it's been 40 years and just 2 Stanley Cup finals. They were both classics and we lost both.

It has been a tough life, but the net result is that I have a tremendous amount of character :-)) [ot, to those who know me, just a character!] I am guilt free about LIVING LARGE as a Red Sox fan at the moment!!!!! The feelings after a win or a loss are no different than they have been for 55 years. It's just that there are more days that bring joy than there are days of sorrow.

It's easy to root for a winner. Like many people with new money, these folks can be obnoxious beyond belief. Our only hope is that they get bored and fade away.

My apologies for the ramble, but I feel much better.

I hope to see many of you at the National. Booth 1538

Cameo's web page >>

I was pulling for the Sabres for your guys a couple years ago. And just think what would have happened if you had Viniteri instead of Norwood in 1990. Friggin Giants were handed that one on a silver platter. image
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I gotta back Goot on this one. I can imagine that most Red Sox fans living in New England are true Red Sox fans (though isn't there a raging debate about whether or not those ladies wearing the pink hats at Fenway can be considered real fans?). However, here in California I started seeing a huge increase in people wearing Red Sox gear after 2004. It used to be that I would see someone wearing Sox stuff and I'd strike up a conversation with them and we'd commiserate. Now, I'd say that easily 75% of the people I do this with are bandwagon jumpers, or just as bad, they just wear the hat because they want to look cool or be associated with a winning team. I bet most of these jackanapes can't name anybody on the team beyond Big Papi, Manny, and Curt Schilling. Maybe it's just anecdotal evidence, but I definitely agree that winning a couple championships has artifically swollen the ranks of Red Sox Nation.

• Options
    At least in SoCal, and I have to imagine other places, there are SO MANY transplanted Bostonians that you will always see gear and loud fans at opponents stadiums. Heck, even in the Celtics mediocre to bad years, you would always see gear and such when you went to Celtics/Lakers and Clippers games. I never miss a game when any one of my hometown teams come out here.

I mean, yes, I'm originally from Walpole, MA. I lived there until I was 24, but it's 2008. People move around for work. It's the just way it is. How can you hate on me for staying attached to what I was raised on?
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I was born in NY, but grew up a Reds fan (Johnny Bench was my idol). When I was young and stupid I actually thought of the Yankees as my 2nd favorite team. (My son hates to hear me admit that, but I was born again)
    I got my Dad hooked on baseball in the late 70's and he loved watching Yaz and the Sox on WSBK. He converted me to a full fledged Sox fan in '78 just in time to have Bucky F'ing Dent ruin my world.
    I moved to the Tampa Bay area in 1985 and there was no baseball. Then the Rays came to town. I will admit I rooted for them, except when they play the Sox. I get a kick out of people here saying I should be a Rays fan and cut my allegiance. Sorry, not going to happen. My youngest son was been raised on the Sox and had his share of heartache, primarily 2003. My Dad passed away in 2005 but not before seeing the Sox win it all. I am eternally grateful that he got to see it. He may not have lived and breathed the Sox like a lot of us do, but he suffered too. I still remember being on the phone with him in '86, it was brutal.
    I can't imagine what Vito's Dad and countless other families went through for them to lose someone before the Sox won the Series. It was really touching to see photos from the cemeteries in the Boston area after the WS and see all the notes and pennants placed on the headstones.
    Anyway, I am not making any excuses who I root for and I don't care who is jealous or doesn't like it. Sure our team has had great success recently but we all know it won't last forever. I am enjoying every minute of it.

Bob....
  • Options
    WSBK - TV38, now that brings back memories for me. Watched all the Sox games on that station as a kid, pre-NESN days.
  • Options

<< <i>WSBK - TV38, now that brings back memories for me. Watched all the Sox games on that station as a kid, pre-NESN days. >>

With Bob (god I hated him) Montgomery
  • Options
    Wasn't Ken Harrelson also on WSBK with Ned Martin?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the time Sox fans! Just be careful as you guys are in un charted territory. The large percentage of you used to lambast other fans .... and mainly Yankee fans for having the gall to remember something from five, ten, twenty, etc years ago. If the Sox don't win for another ten or twenty years don't be shocked when y'all are called out for "living in the past" for having the balls to reflect proudly on those times ....... Then your reaction is SCREW THAT, THOSE WERE SOME FUN F'ING TIMES.

Take MCMLVTopps for example. This Red Sox "fan" does not tolerate a Yankee fan for having the balls to remember a run which BLOWS AWAY what the Red Sox have done lately. And it happened in JUST in the last decade really. What would a Red Sox faithful be like having won FOUR World Series in FIVE years? THREE of them in a ROW?

Enjo it Sox fans ..... really, I mean it! Just remember though! Success gets OLD really really quick to those who don't have a clue. Y'all have a clue now .... I bet Sox fans are better because of it.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>At least in SoCal, and I have to imagine other places, there are SO MANY transplanted Bostonians that you will always see gear and loud fans at opponents stadiums. Heck, even in the Celtics mediocre to bad years, you would always see gear and such when you went to Celtics/Lakers and Clippers games. I never miss a game when any one of my hometown teams come out here.

I mean, yes, I'm originally from Walpole, MA. I lived there until I was 24, but it's 2008. People move around for work. It's the just way it is. How can you hate on me for staying attached to what I was raised on? >>

You totally misunderstood everything I said.

I'm not questioning those people's fanhoods that have grown up with the team or have close ties to the area. I'm questioning the kids that I know that have NO connection to Boston at all, that recently started liking the Sox or Red Sox fans that I hear at Rays games having no idea what they're talking about. I understand that there are a ton of transplants all around (I live in freakin Florida for God's sake), but my main question is where were those 15,000 "transplants" in 2003 for the games against the Rays? The attendance of all Rays vs. Sox home games pretty much doubled and we all know that it wasn't to see the Rays.

I hope you all know that I'm not hating on the Sox. It's just the the nature of the beast. You get good and people start to show up, I understand and I'm seeing it first hand with the Rays and have seen it with pretty much all Florida sports teams (that's the only thing I don't like about this state). I've also watched most of Wakefield's starts and Wake, along with Manny (something I like about the guy), keep me from disliking the Beantown boys.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry Hyperion. Our apologies for not being neurotic messes like we were for 86 years. Look, maybe if you had to worry about following your father and grandfather into the ground without seeing one, you'd have reveled in the titles a little longer too. This is my dad's gravestone. Glad I don't know what it's going to say on mine yet. Get a life.

image >>

this is going to sound bad, but you're telling me to get a life and you have something about a sports teams written on your gravestone?

yeow. your priorities must be seriously eff'd
  • Options

<< <i>Jesus Christ, Hyp, why all the hate for Boston sports? And calling perkdog a "moron" in the other thread is a little over the top. You are a much nicer guy over at the OFR. image

I will note that, if you believe in Karma, the Giants winning the Super Bowl and spoiling the perfect season did more to deflate the Patriots than Arlen Specter could. >>

I still owe perkdog for not admiting the pats had to cheat to get every 1-3 point win over the last 4 years!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jesus Christ, Hyp, why all the hate for Boston sports? And calling perkdog a "moron" in the other thread is a little over the top >>

image >>

Ill be happy in 3 years when your flash-in-the-pan squads drift back into mediocrity for the next 100 years, where they belong!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Ill be happy in 3 years when your flash-in-the-pan squads drift back into mediocrity for the next 100 years, where they belong!!!! image >>

Well, if I ever meet you at a coin show, I'll buy you a beer:

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry Hyperion. Our apologies for not being neurotic messes like we were for 86 years. Look, maybe if you had to worry about following your father and grandfather into the ground without seeing one, you'd have reveled in the titles a little longer too. This is my dad's gravestone. Glad I don't know what it's going to say on mine yet. Get a life.

image >>

this is going to sound bad, but you're telling me to get a life and you have something about a sports teams written on your gravestone?

yeow. your priorities must be seriously eff'd >>

You're right...it does sound bad and you're a jealous idiot.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I also grew up in Buffalo, and am a rabid Bills fan (hey cameo, what high school did you go to?).

I have spent half my life in New York, and half in Massachusetts.

I am the only person I know who roots for both the Red Sox and the Yankees. Talk about schizophrenic. When they play each other, I root for whoever is behind in the standings.

Oh, and go Bills.

Capecards
  • Options
    Okay, now that's weird!
  • Options
    bxb
    I grew up in the Town of Tonawanda. I went to Kenmore East through sophomore year. When my father died, we sold the house and moved to Eggertsville and I graduated from Amherst....... ah......class of 1966.
    Slightly off topic, but I went to my 40th high school reunion and I couldn't believe how many old people were there!!
    Greg
  • Options

<< <i>
    Ill be happy in 3 years when your flash-in-the-pan squads drift back into mediocrity for the next 100 years, where they belong!!!! image >>

Wow. You don't sound like a jealous idiot here - really, you don't.

You think Boston teams have been just mediocre up until now? Do you follow sports at all?
  • Options

<< <i>

yeow. your priorities must be seriously eff'd >>

Yes you idiot, because it's my gravestone...I'm writing this from the beyond. Why not read your posts before posting them in threads where you are obviously in way over your head. My post was meant to reflect the rabid nature of Boston sports fans, so rabid in fact that my father chose to be immortalized with that as his epitaph. Go buy some cards or something, sir. You're certainly not qualified to be posting about this topic.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Fyi. I am a die hard sox fan since the 80's and don't have any 'gear'...aside from cards. No hats, shirts, undies...nada
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, since the "curse" but before the 2004 champs:

1946 American League Champions
    1967 American League Champions
    1975 American League Champions
    1986 American League Champions
    1988 AL East Champions
    1990 AL East Champions
    1995 AL East Champions
    1999 American League Runner-Up
    2003 American League Runner-Up

Even without winning the big one, I wouldn't exactly call this "pathetic".
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

Don't forget the pink hats! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>Let's see, since the "curse" but before the 2004 champs:

1946 American League Champions
    1967 American League Champions
    1975 American League Champions
    1986 American League Champions
    1988 AL East Champions
    1990 AL East Champions
    1995 AL East Champions
    1999 American League Runner-Up
    2003 American League Runner-Up

Even without winning the big one, I wouldn't exactly call this "pathetic". >>

Bill Simmons always pointed this out even before the 2004 WS. Much more success than the Cubs or White Sox.

Plus, Sox fans got to enjoy great players such as Ted Williams, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, Yaz (last Triple Crown), pre-steroid Clemens, Pedro in his prime, Nomah in his prime and countless others. And the 1975 World Series is still touted as the greatest ever most often.

• Options

<< <i>Yes, Boston area fans have been bragging about their team's championships in recent years.

Dam - I wish I could be able to do that. LOL >>

You did! In 1980. image On 1981 Fleer cards they are wearing those distinctive "World Champions" warm up jackets so it's not like you guys didn't make the most of your '80 squad. image
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    ALLLLLLL teams that have multiple success have a severe increase in bandwagon jumpers who really don't know much about the game, or the team previous to said success.

I remember many youngsters walking around with Denver Bronco jackets in 1999, and that was in Illinois. Previous to that, I don't think I ever saw anybody wear a Denver Bronco garment in the history of Illinois.

The true Red Sox fans, like some of the regular Red Sox posters on here, deserve to sing the praises of their team's success. They have put enough of their emotion into the previous teams that they earned the right to express some their joy loudly.

That is my take. Congrats to Red Sox fans. That is the most interesting franchise in baseball history in my opinion.
  • Options
    One thing I sometimes like to do is whenever my wife is watching a home Red Sox game on her computer, I like to point out all the pink hats (those of you who are native Bostonians like my wife will know what those are). image Sort of like trying to find Waldo, you know?
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Boston Red Sox 2, Detroit Tigers 6

Game played on Sunday, May 22, 1960 at Briggs Stadium
    Boston Red Sox ab r h rbi
    Keough cf 4 0 0 0
    Runnels 2b 4 1 2 1
    Williams lf 3 0 1 0
    Wertz 1b 3 0 0 0
    Stephens rf 4 0 0 0
    Malzone 3b 3 1 2 1
    Buddin ss 4 0 0 0
    Sullivan c 2 0 0 0
    Green ph 1 0 0 0
    Gile c 1 0 1 0
    Brewer p 1 0 0 0
    Sturdivant p 2 0 0 0
    Bowsfield p 0 0 0 0
    Geiger ph 1 0 0 0
    Totals 33 2 6 2
    Detroit Tigers ab r h rbi
    Yost 3b 5 1 2 0
    Chrisley rf 4 2 2 0
    Maxwell lf 4 1 1 1
    Cash 1b 5 0 3 2
    Kaline cf 3 1 1 1
    Berberet c 3 0 0 1
    Bolling 2b 4 0 1 0
    Fernandez ss 3 1 3 1
    Bunning p 3 0 0 0
    Totals 34 6 13 6

Boston 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 – 2 6 2
    Detroit 0 0 2 2 0 0 1 1 x – 6 13 0

Boston Red Sox IP H R ER BB SO
    Brewer L (2-4) 3.2 9 4 3 2 1
    Sturdivant 4.0 4 2 2 3 1
    Bowsfield 0.1 0 0 0 0 0
    Totals 8.0 13 6 5 5 2

Detroit Tigers IP H R ER BB SO
    Bunning W (1-2) 9.0 6 2 2 3 6
    Totals 9.0 6 2 2 3 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E–Runnels (3), Stephens (3). DP–Boston 1. 2B–Boston Williams (1,off Bunning), Detroit Chrisley (3,off Brewer); Maxwell (2,off Brewer). 3B–Detroit Cash (1,off Sturdivant). HR–Boston Malzone (4,4th inning off Bunning 0 on, 1 out); Runnels (1,8th inning off Bunning 0 on, 0 out), Detroit Fernandez (1,4th inning off Brewer 0 on, 0 out); Kaline (5,7th inning off Sturdivant 0 on, 2 out). Team–7; 12. SH–Bunning (4,off Sturdivant). SF–Berberet (2,off Brewer). HBP–Kaline (2,by Sturdivant). IBB–Kaline (2,by Brewer). HBP–Sturdivant (2,Kaline). IBB–Brewer (3,Kaline). U-HP–Johnny Stevens, 1B–Jim Honochick, 2B–Nestor Chylak, 3B–Bill McKinley. T–2:43.

First game I ever went to and against the Redsox of time gone by.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, Boston area fans have been bragging about their team's championships in recent years.

Dam - I wish I could be able to do that. LOL >>

Well, you got your wish this year. How does it feel to wear your Phillies cap with pride? image
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    It's still quite early but the Bruins look very strong this year.
    That brings even another team into the mix.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    The players on the Boston teams are fine. Generally, they're from all over the world.

The fans of the Boston teams are the problem -- they're pathetic. However, since Bostonians are necessarily the product of in-breeding -- ya know, that whole "original colonies thing", where everybody married their blood relatives -- we've gotta give 'em a break. It's not really their fault that they turned out like they did -- they're kinda victims of circumstance.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The players on the Boston teams are fine. Generally, they're from all over the world.

The fans of the Boston teams are the problem -- they're pathetic. However, since Bostonians are necessarily the product of in-breeding -- ya know, that whole "original colonies thing", where everybody married their blood relatives -- we've gotta give 'em a break. It's not really their fault that they turned out like they did -- they're kinda victims of circumstance. >>

what a tool
  • Options

<< <i>The players on the Boston teams are fine. Generally, they're from all over the world.

The fans of the Boston teams are the problem -- they're pathetic. However, since Bostonians are necessarily the product of in-breeding -- ya know, that whole "original colonies thing", where everybody married their blood relatives -- we've gotta give 'em a break. It's not really their fault that they turned out like they did -- they're kinda victims of circumstance. >>

I forgot about the village idiot image

Where have you been? I enjoy you popping in and showing us how jealous you are of Boston teams! Just because Bostonians dont have a man crush on George Brett doesnt mean we are in bred!

Come around some more please so we can enjoy you frothing at the mouth about how jealous that we beat your Cardinals in the World Series, seriously it was a mis-match from the start even your lover Brett George couldnt have helped them! image