Home Metal Detecting

5 AM beach find

Hit the beach at 5 AM on July 5th.
Mid way from the parking lot to the blanket line I saw what looked like a wallet as I swung the coil over it--BEEP. It was still dark at this time and lights from the parking lot is all I had.
I picked up this: Casio Camera
It was in the case with the flap open giving the look of a wallet :-)
I took a pic to see if it worked--IT WORKS ! ! !
Made my day
Jerry
CROCK of COINS
imageimage

Comments

• What pictures were on it?

Cool find!
  • LOL..now that's a cool find!
    WTG
  • Sweet find crock. does it have macro for find picks?
    imageimage
  • This has a 2 GB SD mem. card with OVER 300 photos on it. Looks like young school girls doing the pose and also of friends. No names or any info to be able to return it.

I am getting a card reader and battery charger.

It should take Macro shots. BUT from what I see so far...my 10 year old Sony with floppy disc does a better job on the close up photos.

I did not try the movie option..not till I can charge the battery.

6 Meg Pix -- Good for me. And 2 GB memory card = WOW ;-) I can only get 30 to 40 photos on a floppy.

FUN FUN FUN

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • ManMan Posts: 1,002
    Nice find.

My friend has found 2 digital cameras at parks (without a detector) and we searched the pictures and posted on the lost & found at Craiglist but the original owners were never found.

For anyone with a digital camera you can put your info on these cameras, write your email address in the menu or take a video/picture of your contact info.
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    Hey Jerry, that's a great find! It sure beats the heck out of my cheapo Kodak digital!! image
    Be Still and Know

• << <i>Hey Jerry, that's a great find! It sure beats the heck out of my cheapo Kodak digital!! image >>

I saw your photos..Looked good to me ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    The Casio Exilim's are AWESOME for photographing coins.image

• << <i>The Casio Exilim's are AWESOME for photographing coins.image >>

That would be cool...I need some time to learn this camera. I don't think it will take as good a close up as my old Sony with the floppy disc.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Awesome find. I can say that I've never come across one of those in the sand!
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • How about trying this...........would make some person real happy if they get their photos and camera returned.

http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent finds... Cheers, RickO
  • oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i> I can only get 30 to 40 photos on a floppy >>

Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."