Home Metal Detecting

I know my excuse, but...?

This board seems awfully quiet the past few weeks, what's going on out there? I, for one, am still without a detector, but what's everyone else's excuse? There are several "regulars" who aren't posting any finds. Is it because of the weather conditions or lack of time to post? The conditions here in Maine have been hot, humid and hazy. A terrible combination to be outside!

Mary
Be Still and Know

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And LordM is on an extended sabbatical..... I initially assumed it was because people were too busy MD'ing.... I guess not... Cheers, RickO
  • I haven't been able to get out much. The two times I have been out only produced a few modern clad coins. I'm having problems finding good places to hunt. Most places are historical or state owned , hence making Metal Detecting prohibited. Maybe I will take some pictures .
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been out 2, 3 times a week but I don't want to post every time I find a 1971 nickel. image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    My XLT has been in storage 1000 miles back east...I haven't swung a coil since December...God I miss it.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • I have been so busy.......It's hot down here in South East Georgia too. I have my eye on a site that has produced 1600-1700's coins, but the undergrowth is so bad, I can't get to it..and I need a small boat...
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I metal detect in Cuesta Park again I will be stabbed.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

• << <i>If I metal detect in Cuesta Park again I will be stabbed. >>

LOL...I don't think so.. You will do just fine. We all learn ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I've been quite busy as well..
    Have also had quite a dry spell for the last couple of months. Better finds have been few and far between. image

I do have a couple of finds though that I'll be posting within the next few days image

-Z
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • marymmarym Posts: 713
    To everyone who responded to my post: Stop with the excuses already and get out there!! lol Well, everyone except you Ross, you're about in the same boat as I am. image
    Be Still and Know
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    marym, go buy a detector, this weekend. just do it, no excuses.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
    Yeah Marym... it has been way to long.... take the leap.... you know you want to.... image Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just layin' low, still.

You can bet that when the weather cools off, I'll be dustin' off ol' Charlie Garrett and puttin' the coil to the soil. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • seemed like our sites were drying up around. sometimes we need to view things in a different way. my chinatown lot has been hit by alot of people but always in the same places. i got to thinking about trying a spot most overlook. i think the key is to stay away from the obvious, everyone else is going there.
    Always look for the areas that are overlooked... I know it sounds both simple and strange.... however, if you think about it, you will start to view areas differently. For example, in a park... the obvious places are the picnic tables and the tot lot... how about out of the way corners where young lovers might spread a blanket for a few stolen moments or a picnic? Focus on the possible, rather than the probable. Just my two cents... ooops, I lost them somewhere.. image Cheers, RickO