Home Metal Detecting

Thank you, Demodigger, for a lovely evening!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
No, we didn't go out on a date. image I took his advice and went to Rengstorff Park in Mountain View. I've *never* dug so many coins! Ok, they were all moderns, *but* I stuck in very small areas and didn't even really get into the grassy part of the park because I only had my spade for digging. (That tears up the grass too much-- I'll come back later with my collapsable shovel to dig out plots of yard)

In any case, I stuck close to trees that were surrounded in mulch and dug 36 coins total. 18 pennies, 6 nickels, 8 dimes and 4 quarters. I have no doubt there's silver out there somewhere! It was also great coin-shooting practice with my CZ-3D.

Thanks for the recommendation, Demodigger! I don't mind recommending it to anyone else, either. It'll never get hunted out as long as people keep going there.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    your welcome. glad to hear someone is doing well. that park is huge and does have some history to it. take a look at the city webpage and look up the park. find out where the old house sat and listen for deep tones. while working on a project for Caltrain, i would stare at that park everyday for 2 weeks. Riccar knows someone who has dug mercury dimes from there.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.. sounds like a very rich area.... keep swinging and digging... Cheers, RickO
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting time to be there-- they've torn out part of a deck that was next to a playground, so there's tons of dirt to look through as well as a big plot of land that had previously been covered by the old wooden deck. I see many, many more returns there.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.