Home Metal Detecting
Options

Thomas E. Weaver drowned Saturday who was wading while using a metal detector

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got an email today from the DFX email chain. Did anyone here know this man? It's pretty sad.

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "dfxonly.com".

I hate to be the bearer of sad tidings, but one of our members died yesterday. Here is the link: Here is the link

Steve

Here is the story taken from the link:

CASEVILLE, Mich. -- Authorities say a 39-year-old Wixom man who was wading while using a metal detector to search for valuables has drowned in Saginaw Bay at the Caseville County Park beach.

The Huron County sheriff's department says Thomas E. Weaver drowned Saturday. The department says Weaver was wading in about 4 feet of water when he called for help several times and went under the water.

The Bay City Times reports about 100 people formed a human chain to walk through the water after Weaver disappeared.

Advertisement
The sheriff's department says Weaver was found about 20 minutes after he went under and was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Caseville County Park is located in Huron County in Michigan's Thumb region, about 110 miles north of Detroit.

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad indeed! That's two detectorists that have died this year that I know of-- the exploding civil war shell and now this. What was his forum name?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i>Very sad indeed! That's two detectorists that have died this year that I know of-- the exploding civil war shell and now this. What was his forum name? >>

AKA: "migolddigger"

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hit several MD forums... still seems strange... must have been something more to it... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This hit several MD forums... still seems strange... must have been something more to it... Cheers, RickO >>

I used to live in MI and visited Caseville so many times i cannot even remember the amount.
    There are no creatures in the water that could take down a man so easily unless you count
    a perch coming up an nibbling you.

I am going to guess a stroke/heart attack had something to do with it. Sad.

I guess a life jacket should be worn more often if a person is doing such activities and
    could have saved a life...
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Just went to the funeral...still can't believe it. Tom was a great guy...he will be missed.
  • Options
    Very very sad. My prayers go to his loved ones.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Very sad news image
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    sad story....i remember that wayne otto drowned a few years back after his waders filled up with water....be carefull out there guys.....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage