Cameron Kiefer >>

god I read that and found this:

they all have the same doo!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hmmmm......

I see where a member here had his reinstatement denied according to the current Numismatist.

Is that what you're curious about RYK? >>

I saw that in the current Numismatist. I wonder why he was expelled. >>

Hmmmmm
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I expelled the ANA from my life because they did less for me than the weekly Grocery Sales Circulars.

Never again, ANA.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was waiting to see if there was any chance this would drift toward British Humor...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was waiting to see if there was any chance this would drift toward British Humor... >>

Did you see the photo a few posts above with the 3 people holding the jumbo check?

Very Monty Python-esque.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>They publish a short blurb in the Numismatist about the expulsion. Years ago a YN was expelled along with his mom for "failure to pay ANA Library fines in excess of $200."

Cameron Kiefer >>

I guess you wouldn't be expelled for false advertising or selling overgraded problem coins??
    this is a real question, not sarcasm. >>

you will quickly find out the ANA is a toothless old mutt.
    the coin hobby is what it is because of their weakness to police
    their own members. >>

Yup, and in their most recent example.

Find a long-time dealer that provides all the crap to the shop-at-home morons, while having the audicity to defend their actions; while at the same time the PNG denounces the TV coin shows as shady sellers.

Find a long-time dealer that was convicted of money laundering while in business of dealing in coins and bullion, and sentenced to prison.

Name him "Numismatist of the Year" for 2008

Maybe i'm just too picky, but I really don't like awarding the most coveted ANA title to a known felon in the industry.

nice move ANA!
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Screw the American "justice" system. I'd trust Leon with the keys to my safe deposit box or my wife's chastity belt.
  • Options
    I sucessfully completed the ANA's "Self-expulsion Program". Step 1... quit sending them money.

Bob
  • Options
    I guess this would be a good question to ask the ANA...why would you want to look up information about a banned member?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess this would be a good question to ask the ANA...why would you want to look up information about a banned member? >>

If the banned member is a dealer, the answer may effect your decision whether or not to buy from him.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Or just because we are all nosey in some way shape or form.
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess this would be a good question to ask the ANA...why would you want to look up information about a banned member? >>

Because we are all nosey in some way, shape, or form. image
  • Options
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Sorry I missed this thread in the day. But given the current ANA thread I thought this was a good thread to TTT!

Cheers!

Kirk

P.S. I am a current ANA member and have been for 10+ years. Life membership is too expensive. I use the Hugh Wood coin insurance benefit and I also use the ANA logo on ebay. The ANA brand/logo is a pretty significant value (maybe not for me), but for big dealers. I'm not sure how the every-day guy benefits, but this old thread is a help.!!
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I hate when old threads are bumped, especially when some members who posted in it are no longer with us.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I hate when old threads are bumped, especially when some members who posted in it are no longer with us. >>

I was shocked when I first started to read this thread... then I looked at the date. image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into a prominent PCGS forum participant at the recent Chicago ANA. He was in line to pay for admission. I wondered why.

He recounted the story of how he was thrown out of the ANA years ago.

I had no idea that sort of thing occured.

I should read the Numismatist instead of tossing it into the waiting room for others to enjoy. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hate when old threads are bumped, especially when some members who posted in it are no longer with us. >>

I was shocked when I first started to read this thread... then I looked at the date. image >>

Gentlemen, it wasn't my intention to shock or offend, but rather raise an apropos past thread in light of the current anti-ANA thread circulating here.

No one expected what would happen to Cameron years after his posting in this resurrected thread, but it is apropos, IMHO.

-Kirk
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file