Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Contest: 1975 mini Carew PSA 9. What will be the final bid? Link to auction added

2»

Comments

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    $12
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Only 19 hours has passed and we are at 235.50!!! I love the registry image
  • kadokakidkadokakid Posts: 426 ✭✭

Thanks and good luck.

Peace

Doug
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    75 mini's are "white hot" as a fellow board member would say...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Only 19 hours has passed and we are at 235.50!!! I love the registry image >>

Wow Barry, good for you!

It looks like you won't have to ask me to shill this auction after all.

<< <i>

<< <i>Only 19 hours has passed and we are at 235.50!!! I love the registry image >>

Wow Barry, good for you!

It looks like you won't have to ask me to shill this auction after all. >>

I dont know Matt. I may want 376 instead of 374. That 2 dollars will nearly buy me a 1/2 gallon of gasoline!
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Couldn't happen to a nicer person... best of luck!
  • $376.03

Thanks for the contest!!!
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.

<< <i>Couldn't happen to a nicer person... best of luck! >>

Hey thanks Mike!
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $437.87 - In just before the deadline. image
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$437.87 - In just before the deadline. image >>

very sneaky, but effective
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Another buzzer beater.

<< <i>Another buzzer beater.

398.27 >>

Referees review said buzzer beater, and their conclusion is that Tuesday at 9:00 PM is not Tuesday at 9:16 PM.

<< <i>

<< <i>$437.87 - In just before the deadline. image >>

very sneaky, but effective >>

Are you saying that I didnt coincidentally find this thread just before the contest was to end? image
  • Tues, July 8 at 9 pm PST. (12 am EST).

It is only 6:22PM PST right now..
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I retract my previous statement, almost sneaky and almost very effective.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

<< <i>Tues, July 8 at 9 pm PST. (12 am EST).

It is only 6:22PM PST right now.. >>

I did not see PST, so whooops. image
  • $376.66 thanks
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
    Uggh...just woke up...the wonderful world of working the graveyard shift. Thanks for your bids everyone!

The bidding has stalled at 235.50. I dont imagine it will move much more, if at all until the very end. Some of you have already lost...thats right, all you non-believers! wooo hoooo! hehe

Good luck to the rest of you who are still in the game!
    Wow, 2 days still left to the auction and only 2 people in the running! If the prices holds, Nick will be the winner. If the price goes up another 3 dollars, the winner will be Pittfan! BTW, Pittfan made the highest bid and the auction has just about exceeded all expectations!

The watch continues....
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Barry,

Nice card and nice auction! Where did you pick it up? Bobby
    Hey Bobby
    It was actually a pack rip I recently did. I bought the pack from BBCE and subbed it last month. I'll see if I can find the pack rip thread.
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    That's great. I figured it was from ripping packs but wasn't sure. Good to hear about your luck!
    Here is a link to the original rip

This was the greatest rip ever....also hit a PSA 10 and a low pop PSA 9 out of the 1977 Topps baseball and then a 1997 Bowmans Best PSA 10 Atomic Refractor Greg Maddux and a PSA 10 Cal Ripken Jr Best Cuts insert...

And all are on ebay right now! image

link
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Looks like Pittfan has this contest wrapped up. The winning bid may as well climb to the $600 plateau.

<< <i>Looks like Pittfan has this contest wrapped up. The winning bid may as well climb to the $600 plateau. >>

Right now I am $17.13 under the auction price and pittfan is $19.33 over the auction price. But I agree that it will rise higher and pittfan will be the winner.
    Well, the card stayed at 455 and with a surprise win, its NAM! Congratulations! I also thought Pittfan had it wrapped up!

Though Im surprised that there was no snipe, I am VERY pleased to get 455 for that card. I still dont know if it was a board member who won the card but I am hoping so.

Anyway, Nam, I will send you a PM to obtain your address so I can mail you the spoils! Once again, Congrats!
  • sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    What happened to my snipe I set at $9,999.99? ...what a scam even if I didn't plan to pay!

Nice going, Barry ...always nice to see good people have good luck.

Mike
    Thank you for the very cool prize, and congratulations on a very nice sale. image
  • fixed!
    That's a rotten thing to say Lance.
    Received my very cool prize today. Thank you very much Barry, and congratulations again on a nice sale.

Edited to add: I just opened the package all the way, and Barry threw in a few Star Trek cards as well. image
    You are welcome Nick

I just happened to come across the star wars and yanked a few that had kirk on them. I looked for nudie cards I had somewhere (not of kirk but of hustler and playboy chicks) but couldnt find those to throw in image