Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Arizona Error Quarter

I just searched many Arizona Quarters and found 355 of the minor errors where the designer's intials are covered by an extra cactus leaf. I see these are selling on eBay for between $4-$8 each plus shipping.

Example

What do you a good price for these would be?

Comments

• Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    That's the first I've heard of that one. Die chip, I guess.
    I like the extra cactus leaf over the number 0, that has been discussed here.
    At the Denver Mint floor tour I went on last Friday as part of the ANA Summer Seminar, they showed us the dies for the Arizona reverse and I mentioned the extra cactus leaf error. They said it must be from the Philly Mint since the Denver Mint doesn't make any errors. I did see a few waffle coins in bins there, tho'.
  • Options
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options

<< <i>That's the first I've heard of that one. Die chip, I guess. I like the extra cactus leaf over the number 0, that has been discussed here. At the Denver Mint floor tour I went on last Friday as part of the ANA Summer Seminar, they showed us the dies for the Arizona reverse and I mentioned the extra cactus leaf error. They said it must be from the Philly Mint since the Denver Mint doesn't make any errors. I did see a few waffle coins in bins there, tho'. >>

sure they make errors....the smooth cactus quarter for sale on Ebay
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Talk about an infomercial! And I get slammed because I wanted an opinion of a coin that happened to be on the BST, yet was not even mentioned as being for sale?
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    Today I looked at the Arizona quarters I picked up at the Denver Mint and found two with extra cactii over the designer's initials.
    One is a big blob actually covering some initials, the other is a smaller blob approaching the initials.
    I think I'll keep them.

edited to add:
    Actually, these are P mint coins, that I picked up for face value at the ANA Money Museum store.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file