Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

GMA grading

Do any one sumission from GMA grading? $1.50 per card is cheap.

gmagrading

BGS sucks!!!

Go PSA !!!

Comments

• Yeah GMA is cheap. So is dirt. Cant sell it though. image
    imageimageimage
  • Hopefully you kidding....right? Stay away if unless you wish to render your cards virtually worthless. But why have them grade your cards when you can do it your self: Grade Your Own
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah GMA is cheap. So is dirt. Cant sell it though. image >>

Sure you can.

I buy bags of dirt all the time. As a general rule, you should replace the dirt in your flowering annual beds every 2 years image

* Happy gardening tip of the day.
  • That seller sells GMA grading cards all the time.

eBay

• How many of these card grading companies will be around in 20 years?

PSA
    SGC
    BGS
    BVG
    GAI
    KSA
    BCCG
    SCD
    Capital Grading
    Gem
    Gem Elite
    PRO
    ASA (Accugrade Sportscard Authentication)
    WCG
    GMA
    BSVA
    VSA
    AAA
    ALL STAR GRADING
    FGS
    FGS FINESTGRADING.COM FINESTGRADING SERVICE
    PGC
    TCG
    AGS
    USA
    PGI
    STADIUM CLUB GRADING
    MINT GRADING COMPANY
    MAJOR LEAGUE GRADING
    PTG
    THE FINAL AUTHORITY
    MAP
    CTA
    MGS
    CSA
    SNAGLETOOTHGRADING.COM
    ADVANCED GRADING
    ADVANCEDGRADING.COM
    SCD
    PROGRADING.COM
    BEARSTATS GRADING SERVICES
    GRADEMYCARDS.COM
    GRADING UNLIMITED
    CSG
    GRA
    PSG
    RGA
    IKON
    TGA
    GMA
    VGS
    Blue Chip
    UGS
    BCG

1. Ok, Yes you can buy dirt. lol

2. GMA says they are a leader in the field. Leader? Maybe the leader of unneeded companies. I mean, their name is GMA Grading Minus Accuracy, right? lol

3. Any company that will allow you to give them the grade and they slab it or they will sell you the holders/labels.......

They are worthless and will always be. They will be used by scammers (trimming etc) ,people who want to deceive,the average collector who wants his collection slabbed cheaply and the unknowledgable. Not for those with knowledge in the field or for a trusted opinion.

This is from their site.......

Written by alon2392 · Filed Under Grade Your Own

Option #2: You do all the Work
    January 12, 2008
    Our second option that we offer is you purchase the holders from us and blank labels. You do all the work. Your minimum order is 500 holders per order. This option gives you ultimate control of your own business. Once the holder are purchased they are shipped out the next day and everything else is left up to you.

Note:** for this option you will need to purchase an Ultrasonic welder to seal the holders. A horn that fits our parts and an air compressor for the welder. The outlay can cost anywhere from $10,000 to $25,000 depending on which machine is purchased. We do not sell the machines but if you choose this option we can give you all the details of who does sell these units.

This is the more expensive option but if you would like to do on sight grading this option is available.

Option #1

Written by alon2392 · Filed Under Option 2

Option #1 - We do all the Work
    January 12, 2008
    This has been the option of choice for many of our current customers that have decided to open their own business. They have chosen this option for one of a couple of reasons. Here is how it works.

1. You grade the cards and then send them to us to do the rest.

2. You play a flat fee.

imageimageimage
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2021 9:54PM

@1989FleerBillRipkencollector said:
    Yeah GMA is cheap. So is dirt. Cant sell it though.

I will bet you $10 bucks to a hundrend that they sell. 25 cards submitted, all ultra. 12 10s They will most definitely sell and i will make money. I've seen them selling a ton

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2021 10:07PM

@bobbybakeriv said:

I will bet you $10 bucks to a hundrend that they sell. 25 cards submitted, all ultra. 12 10s They will most definitely sell and i will make money. I've seen them selling a ton

his comment was 12 years ago. :)

edited August 23, 2021 9:03AM

BTW - The FF bat card is wayyyyyy past its prime aside from the three front FF collectors left, Billy Ripken was a POP TART for doing it AA player at his best. OFFENSIVE. That cARd went to kids jeez

edited August 21, 2021 9:36AM

@blurryface said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

Bet stands Dont write checks with your mouth that you cant cash,

@bobbybakeriv said:

@blurryface said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

Bet stands

Nothing about the FF? Simply repulsive. > @blurryface said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

I forgot that's how the market works. One do
    over, I'll try to remember that.

• jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

I just got word this got a PSA 8! I am super happy!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:
    BTW - The FF bat card is wayyyyyy past its prime aside from the three front FF collectors left, Billy Ripken was a POP-TART for doing it AA player at his best. OFFENSIVE. That cARd went to kids jeez

he didnt do it. it was a joke played on ripken. maybe because he was a pop tart, i dunno. yes, the card went to kids, but thats why they loved it.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@bobbybakeriv said:
    BTW - The FF bat card is wayyyyyy past its prime aside from the three front FF collectors left, Billy Ripken was a POP-TART for doing it AA player at his best. OFFENSIVE. That cARd went to kids jeez

he didnt do it. it was a joke played on ripken. maybe because he was a pop tart, i dunno. yes, the card went to kids, but thats why they loved it.

The story is that Billy Ripken came clean many years later that he actually wrote that obscenity on the bat knob himself, to distinguish his BP bats from his gamers, as well as other players' bats in the rack. He only used the "teammates played a joke on me" story to deflect the blowback at the time, as he "supposedly" was unaware that it was legible or that they would potentially use the photo.

burryface said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

I don't know if I buy that story but it is done now. I'll take your word on it and assume he was simply that stupid.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

can we all just please focus and not lose sight of the fact that bobby was talking pop tarts to someone who made a comment over 13 years ago and hasn't even logged in in over 8

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbybakeriv said:
    BTW - The FF bat card is wayyyyyy past its prime aside from the three front FF collectors left, Billy Ripken was a POP TART for doing it AA player at his best. OFFENSIVE. That cARd went to kids jeez

Come on, Bobby. Watch the language...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta commend you guys, though. You were quoting POP TARTS before I even saw and edited Bobby's post. Nicely done, folks, nicely done...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@AFLfan said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

Come on, Bobby. Watch the language...

Sorry Todd. I'll try to clean it up. I did think the pop tarts stuff was funny too.

@galaxy27 said:
    can we all just please focus and not lose sight of the fact that bobby was talking pop tarts to someone who made a comment over 13 years ago and hasn't even logged in in over 8

That's the only way I have a chance on here!