Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

world coin turnaround time now at 50 business days?

wow, seems like a long time! almost 2 1/2 months.

Comments

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    I agree!!! I found out the hard way when sending a submission under the 15 day service. It took almost 40 days.
    I am now selling my position in raw world coins as is because of the turnaround times. Heck, I'll be an old man before I get them back if sent to PCGS.image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was there something unusual in the submission?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224
    Heck, I'll be an old man before I get them back if sent to PCGS.

I was fortunate enough to get one World Modern submission back in about 30 business days, but I don't think I will be so fortunate with the one that is at PCGS now. So much for having any updates in before the Set Registry deadline ...
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    Yes, in fact I have US-PHIL coins that PCGS received on 4/17/08 that has not been returned.

I guess US-PHIL coins are now treated as foreign and not US.
    jetblack740il

==================================

Complete US-PHIL Coins for Sale, Circulation Strikes 1903-1945
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last few non-gold World coin submissions have been averaging 2 months from the entered date to grades received.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, in fact I have US-PHIL coins that PCGS received on 4/17/08 that has not been returned. >>

That doesn't bode well for my recent submission of 8 US-PI coins, received and acknowleged by PCGS on 6/18/08. I guess I'm about 2 months behind yours.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    I had two seperate world coins submissions within the past month that each took 5 and 8 business days respectively. Of course, I paid at the "express level".
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    My last submission under economy took 92 days!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ridiculous, but I guess priorities do show out - I mean who really cares about some measly darkside coins? I used to go that route but have either gone across the street or done it the Brit way...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>My last submission under economy took 92 days! >>

(cough * cough *) 92 days?!

• Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭

<< <i>(cough * cough *) 92 days?! >>

Is that business days or total days? image

Then again, when talking that time frame it doesn't really matter! Best of luck and I hope the ol' adage of "good things come to those wait" was true for you and your patience (not to mention coins)...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    Try sending world error coins for grading -- the turn around times is 60 plus straight days. And I agree with the other guy, it can take as much as 90 days. In my case I do not sell, I simply put them away but will admit, a couple of new gray hairs has popped up waiting for PCGS. Incidentally, PCGS told me they only have one guy on staff that grades errors so be prepared to wait, wait, wait!
    Errol

F&AM
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I sent in a 15 day submission on June 6th hoping they would do them in 15 days in time for the set registry. I should have realized that 15 day service actually means 40 days. If I had known that a 15 day service would be more than 15 days, I would not have paid the extra money for "fast" service.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options

<< <i> Yes, in fact I have US-PHIL coins that PCGS received on 4/17/08 that has not been returned. >>

Finally got the grades today. 7/11/08
    jetblack740il

==================================

Complete US-PHIL Coins for Sale, Circulation Strikes 1903-1945
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Just curious how these times compare to the graders across the street right now?
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last PCGS submission was graded timely

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>Just curious how these times compare to the graders across the street right now? >>

my last Economy submission came back last week from the guys across the street. It took 11 days from the time they received it, to the time I got them back graded.

• Options
    RareSovRareSov Posts: 299
    Turnaround is reasonably good at the moment over the street

A little slower than say 6 months ago, but still much faster than I'm seeing here image