Home Metal Detecting
Options

My detecting and posting days are over.

At age 74-1/2, I just don't have any enthusiasm for this sport any more. It has been a great 13 plus years and I wouldn't change anything I have done. Too many young whipper snappers out there doing it. So, since I am retiring from detecting, I will have nothing to report on this site and this will more than likely be my last post also. I have enjoyed the priviledge of posting here, and further enjoyed reading all the interesting posts folks have made about things they have found. I wish nothing but the best for everyone and hope everyone finds at least one gold coin. Thanks also for your kindness to this old man. I appreciate it.image

Comments

• Options
    ManMan Posts: 1,002
    Well that's sad, but if you're not using your detector are you going to sell it?

Have fun in retirement young guy and if you move on to skydiving or another hobby post a link.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very sorry to hear this MDH.... I have enjoyed your posts and your inputs on other topics. You are indeed an exceptional individual and will be missed. You would always be welcome to check in and comment .... no reason to stay away .... we can still be friends. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    You can still come and read and see what is being found ;-)

And you can still help new people find the way to good finds.

Have Fun

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    i used to dig with a guy who was in his 70's. he did just as good as anybody. we both climbed and crawled over and under fences. i think he's around 76 now. he does'nt get out as much anymore, but can still dig like me and i'm 36. don't give up, i think we all lose the "fever" sometimes. so for some inspiration, take a look at these and find your will to get back out.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Demodigger... hope that motivates MDH... Come on guy... we like your inputs and love seeing your neat finds. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    Sorry to see you go. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    Don't go.....With your experience and knowledge, you will always be a great addition to this forum. All input, no matter who it's from, is always good....Please reconsider.