Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hey Crock! Hey Jerry. (OT)

My son spent this past week at a friends beach house there on the strand.

About 10:00 last night, a group of five fine citizens dressed in white t-shirts, long khaki shorts, knee high white socks and black sandals (oh and shaved heads), decided to try and liberate my son and his friend from their money and other posessions as they were skateboarding.

When the boys told them that they had no money the five of them attacked my son's friend and knocked him out then began kicking him in the head when he went down. My son (16 yr old) yelled for them to stop and they turned on him. My son managed to knock three of them to the ground before getting hit in the head with a skateboard by one of the remaining two and going to the ground himself. A passerby yelled that he was calling the cops and they (those fine upstanding citizens I mentioned) grabbed their wounded and fled in their car.

Both my son and his friend went to the ER as a precaution but were released a little after midnight after it was determined they had no serious injuries. They are doing fine today and he is back home here now.

Next time I hunt your beach I'm bringing my "little friend" and it won't have snake shot in it this time image

Seriously though, I hadn't figured that area for having a gang problem. I'm just extremely thankful that the thugs were not armed or if they were that the witness scared them off before it got worse.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would already be there looking for them... and they would not continue to harass anyone. Worm fodder... done. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WHAT ! ! !
    OMG...
    I know it can be bad with the SSL..As they are called. That is what the locals are called- "Silve Strand Locals"

I guess that will be in the local paper on Sat. = http://www.venturacountystar.com/

I have an ongoing fight with people letting dogs off the leash and running the beach. It is going thru channels as I type...from Dept of Fish and Game to County Supervisor.

Just today I was asked to attend a local meeting....NO WAY I told them. It would not be safe to park my vehicle at the beach after that.

My wife just came in from shopping...I told her about your son. She said she just saw kids(?) dressed like that hanging around the Channel Island Blvd. shopping center...wow. Small World.

Hope he gets better fast.
    Sea lion & dog

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    Both the boys are fine with no serious injuries. I had some serious conflict of emotions going on. One side of me wanted to high five my son and tell him how proud I was at how he handled himself under the circumstances and the other side of me wanted to smack him upside the head for getting caught up in the situation to begun with. In the end I had a long talk with him about my age old standard of "be aware of your surroundings at all times" and he admitted he wasn't paying attention and that had he seen the group coming in the area he would have left and gone back to the house before they got even close. Then I gave him a hug and told him he did the right thing defending his friend and I was proud of him and happy he wasn't seriously hurt.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert Rat... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087

Some good advice you gave your son, DesertRat. It's too bad that societal coddling allows these thugs to be there in the first place.
  • Options
    Where's the fence? Where's the Border Patrol? Where's the National Guard? .........money went into politicians pockets, Border Patrol Agents are in jail and the National Guard is in Iraq. Thank you Mr. President!! Hope your son makes a full recovery and can find a safe place to skateboard.
  • Options
    Isn't it time we, as citizens, took back our parks and beaches? I agree it wouldnt be safe to stand alone against these little punks but dammit I'm tired of them running my life. It stops NOW. I dont have long left in this world and I'll be dammed if I'm going to take any more crap from scum.
    (This one will surely get me bammed )
    Molon Labe