Home Metal Detecting
Options

Underwater detecting...

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried this? That old schoolhouse might be hunted out, but I bet that old lake hasn't been. I wonder how easy it would be to snorkle/detect, or if you'd have to go and do the whole scuba thing.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find a lot of advice from underwater detectors at this forum... http://metaldetectingforum.com/ Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    sounds like it might be worth while to give er a go.....just wade in and detect, no need for lots o fancy equipement...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone tried this? That old schoolhouse might be hunted out, but I bet that old lake hasn't been. I wonder how easy it would be to snorkle/detect, or if you'd have to go and do the whole scuba thing. >>

guessing it depends upon water clarity. not a bad idea though. If only I had the time to do it. I hardly have time to do anything in between work and school
    Happy Hunting!image
  • Options
    deadmunnydeadmunny Posts: 165 ✭✭
    How deep you wish to go is up to you. You can hit the waist-deep and neck-deep perimeters. If the boys at the ocean can do it with crashing waves, so can you. I would imagine you have an advantage -- smaller wave action at the little lake. Once you get into deeper areas, they use scuba or the hookah system (floating air regulating machine with breathing tubes).