Home U.S. Coin Forum

Your best flip story

well, for me it all started in 2006 when silver was around 12.75. I started buying a little to save for a rainy day, then i found the auction. a odd ball listing i think the search was "silver dollar" it was listed in the toy section painted ASE's buy it now for 12.00 or best offer. well being new to coins i only ordered 3 to be sure they were real silver. they came and the were real so i figured out that the best offer would accept 8.00 but only 3 were listed at a time, when sold 3 more would pop up. so i contacted the seller A liquidator and asked how many they had they said 2800 that have been on the shelf in the warehouse since 1999 . so i told them that i would like to buy them all but my paypal would only let me send 2500.00 at a time so we made a deal with a special auctions listing 300 at a time and 99.00 shipping the flip was on 300 at a time. i was selling them faster than i could get them in the mail. and that is what got me into coins now I have a almost complete platinum $10 proof set pf70 anyone have a 2002W
Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?

Comments

• cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    Let me start with a big image

If the story is true then YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!
    Have fun on the boards image
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story and that shows that you can still find lots of deals on Ebay if you look hard!
    I have no flip stories, yet.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

• << <i>Let me start with a big image

Have fun on the boards image >>

Yes the story is true and thank you 3 days on the Board and i got my first YOU SUCK it must be a record
    Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?

<< <i>

<< <i>Let me start with a big image

Have fun on the boards image >>

Yes the story is true and thank you 3 days on the Board and i got my first YOU SUCK it must be a record >>

I have been on here for 8 months and all I get is a loud SHUT UP ALREADY image

• Well it was a Blessing in my life I was flat broke after recovering from a broken neck in 2001 I had to borrow money from Dad to get the seed money
  • Two years ago bought an NGC XF 40 1922 plain/strong reverse for $1400, cracked it out and sold it for $2200. Obviously it was some sort of "PQ!"

Garrow
  • Bought a bulk lot of Lincoln wheat cents on the cheap (actually, less than face value) and sold for 4 cents each. I made about $500 profit off the whole deal.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    Punctuation is your friend... image

My best flip is currently a work in progress. I'll report back when it's complete image.
  • DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    When I was 12, I could do a reverse somersault (full gainer) with a can-opener at the end.

That was my best flip.
    Dr. Pete
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

That is also the single longest sentence I have seen on here. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388

<< <i>When I was 12, I could do a reverse somersault (full gainer) with a can-opener at the end.

That was my best flip. >>

1 & a 1/2 with a full twist off the three meter board. image

<< <i>image

That is also the single longest sentence I have seen on here. image >>

imageimage
  • mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a pretty good pile of 82 & 83 P&D Souvenir Sets from an antique dealer near me at something like $7 apiece around a year ago. The real US mint ones sold quickly for around a 1500% markup, and the put-together private company ones around half that. Oddly enough, the private ones had **far** better coins in them. I pulled a gem FS 1982-P Jefferson out of that group, too.

edited for syntax ...

mirabela

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file