Home U.S. Coin Forum

Have you recently had a bid blocked by Ebay?

I just got my bid blocked on a auction, It was for 26.99 more then the winning bid, I emailed the seller and he stated another bidder was blocked also, Has anyone els experienced this. I have a paypal account and use a bidding service, I have never seen this before and I use it all the time. it was on this auction
Ebay Auction I was Blocked on
Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"

Comments

• I'm blocked from even seeing the auction from your linkimage

now it shows up! have to say no I have never had that happen but strange things are happening with ebay lately!
    steve

myCCset
  • direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never been blocked... if you find out why, let us know. Cheers, RickO
  • TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I do not think that EBAY likes the bidding services and maybe they have found a way to block bids coming thru some of them. Possibly EBAY wants to start a bidding service of their own. They(EBAY) have not yet blocked my bidding service. I will find out tomorrow what happens with the auctions I am sniping.

Above comments just speculation.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Do you happen to use Goofbay's bidding service?

Russ, NCNE
    I had the same thing happen to me the other night. I had a snipe set with esnipe.com for $77.77 on this thornhead . Esnipe had a message that said "paypal account required". I've won several auctions before and after that one through esnipe no problems. I'm not sure what some sellers do that causes this problem but I've ran into it twice before.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

• Had your bid been accepted, you would have won the coin? That sux, as that's a nice CC quarter. Would have been right at CU pricing, but thats a pretty nice looking coin and I would have loved to have gotten that at what your bid would have been. My sympathies.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    The seller can set up rules to block bidders. For example, I block bidders with feedback below -1 and have two unpaid item strikes in the last month. Do you have an unpaid item strike? The seller might need to loosen up his blocking rules. --jerry
  • Read the third story down.

Ebay and Snipers

<< <i>Read the third story down.

Ebay and Snipers >>

Thanks that may have fixed the problem. I went through the directions that were listed on the link. Did the steps manually since links to eBay always scare me.

* Sign into your eBay account and click on "My eBay"
    * From the left column of My eBay, under My Account, click the “Addresses” link.
    * On the Addresses page, click the “View all shipping addresses” link.
    * In the "About Addresses” section, check if there is any PayPal Account currently linked to this eBay account. If no current link, click the Add PayPal Addresses button and sign into your PayPal account. When you sign in to your PayPal account, your eBay and PayPal Verified Accounts will be linked.
    * If there is already a linked PayPal account, check to make sure it is the correct one. Otherwise, remove the link and link to the correct one by clicking the Add PayPal Addresses button.

Please check your eBay account and PayPal account again to prevent any fail snipe bid.

JustSnipe Support

• BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame - such a nice "Library Quarter" image

Hope it all works out for you.
  • This one hurt , was looking for a 76 cc with this eye appeal in PCGS off and on for a year. I used the bidding service yesterday it worked fine. Ebay keeps sending back my complaint with instructions to contact paypal! Grrrrrrr
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file