Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Photographing proof and prooflike Morgans

BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had this bad girl out of the SDB a few days ago and though I'd share a couple picture taking efforts

here it is more lit up; I'm pretty sure the scratch on the cheek and most others are on the plastic; some hairlines are on the coin's fields

Looking for objective and constructive criticism of the coin and the photography

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Comments

• Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the top photos are accurate representation of the coin condition, very nice. The lower images seem to show far more marks... looks like two different coins. Taking photos or proofs is tough... I find lighting on a severe angle helps. Also, colors look off... particularly in first images.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    Now that is a proof Morgan! I like 'em proof. image

I enjoy the strike and detail of the proofs. PR 63s usually have less marks than MS 67s. Ahhhhhh, nice!

I think the 1st set of photos are more flattering, the 2nd set seems a bit washed out.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    gawd they are something to see those proof morgans...oneday one will reside with me too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys, the first set of images in taken in shaded sunlight, all natural.
    There's just a hint of golden toning to the coin which gives it the color shown.

the second set of images is from harsh overhead flourescent lights

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Very nice proof morgan.

I hope to own one someday.

What's that grade on that puppy?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very, very nice... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting to see what fully struck means