Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Set collectors- Show off your labor of love

2»

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    does not compare with most of what I have seen in this thread. I have been working on the 69 Football set for a little over a year now. With what I have incoming I am at 70%

the Namath I got when I was a kid and submitted it for grading to kick off my set. Here is a sampling of a few

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Rexvos, nice 1969's. The colors are so vibrant. It seems strange that some cards have borders and others don't.

Fattymacs, the early Bowman issues are little works of art and seem under appreciated when compared to Topps. I remember reading the article about Lionel Carter's collection and just how amazing it was. It is shame he had to part with.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rexvos, nice 1969's. The colors are so vibrant. It seems strange that some cards have borders and others don't. >>

The difference between the first and second series.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rexvos, nice 1969's. The colors are so vibrant. It seems strange that some cards have borders and others don't.

Fattymacs, the early Bowman issues are little works of art and seem under appreciated when compared to Topps. I remember reading the article about Lionel Carter's collection and just how amazing it was. It is shame he had to part with. >>

the first series is borderless. the second series has the border. The second series is loaded with killer commons, makes it more of a challenge to complete on a budget.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Julen, I'm feelin kinda lazy, and you have no life???

Why not show everyone what I'm working on?

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of cool stuff board members are working on, and the diversity is amazing. Some of this stuff has killer eye appeal.
  • Options
    Working on a couple sets, here ya go-

1929-30 Exhibits

1910 Standard Caramel E93

• Options

<< <i>image
    Just some of my favorites from this set, that will take me the next five years to get done!! >>

Many say they like the 1956 topps, but there are many sets i much prefer, and I am not even that fond of the 1956, mainly due to the lack of color....but I have always liked the design of the 1976. I don't know exactly what there is about it that intrigues me...and this is the first I have seen of someone that collects the 1976 set....I would love to see a complete set...right now I know the one i like the best is the winfield....but that goose sure is sweet too!

• Options
    first up...all my graded cards from my 1961 Set...
    a few from SGC....
    and the rest P S A some commons, some high numbers and several stars.... and then some nice Raw specimens.

................Raw...........
  • Options
    Here is my collection of superstar rookie PSA/DNA autos from the 80s & 90s.
    I had the 84 Fleer Clemens but sold it right before I was anticipating the steroid issue and the Mitchell report.
    I got over $500 for it...looking to replace it for a lot cheaper.

Many of these i have upgraded more than once, looking for only the nicest autos, in fine sharpie if possible.