Home Metal Detecting
Options

Roadkill Tools

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
In my walking and bike riding I have found all kinds of tools in addition to money and cans.

Recently I found two screwdivers. One well rusted and one beat up. The good thing about them is that they were Craftsman. I returned them to Sears and now have 2 NEW ones. I do like to use the Craftsman or the Stanley for metal detecting. The handle has just the right feel.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool... I never have used a screw driver.. a bayonet yes, or a Lesche, or my 'hog' special tool... However, I will keep my eye out for lost/scrapped Craftsmen... that guarantee is worth working. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I'll stop and pick up tools in the road when I see them. Last year I found 3 vice grip pliers and a long handled long nosed pliers. I'd like to have a buck for every bungie cord I see in the roadway.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Bungie cords go in the garage sale for 50 cents.
  • Options
    My brother-in-law was at a farm auction several months ago and an old rusted wrench brought $10. He talked to the guy and asked what good it was. He showed him the name Craftsman and said a new one would cost over $75 and he was going to trade it in.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    I lost a hub cap once after going over a rail road crossing that had heaved up over the winter and pulled over to find it- never found the cap, but found almost a complete set of craftsman 3/8 sockets- someones tool box must have tipped over. Found about a half dozen other hub caps too while searching. Earlier this year I dug a 3/8 inch craftsman breaker bar to go with the sockets while detecting- well I shouldn't say dug, it was partially sticking out of ground after winter snow melt.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    I got a crappy old post hole digger and a brand new windup powered LED flashlight back in the woods where the pot growers sometimes go. They're not organized growers, just the occasional college kid, or I'd stay out of their way.
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    PPC, don't forget to enter those for the for the Best Eye Ball finds! Craftsman is always a great find because of the return policy Sears still continues to offer. I admit I'm amazed they still make good on that promise, but as long as they do we may as well take advantage of it!
    Be Still and Know