Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New YN ....... Dansco 7070 pics added

Hello everyone, im a new member here on the forum. My name is Greg, im 14 years old, I live in Fayetteville Georgia along with my dad who is also a member here. I started collecting coins when the state quarters came out in 1999 and since then I've been a big fan of coin collecting. My dad and I just started a Dansco 7070 album in March and we're more than half way through. Im looking foward to talking to you all and learning more about coins.

Greg
«1

Comments

  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478 ✭
    image

    And be sure to see the thread at the top of the first page about the YN contest!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭
    Welcome GREG!!!!
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭✭
    Another YN!


    image


    ==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades



    Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975 ✭
    Hi & welcome, Greg (and Greg's dad). image We have another father-son combination on the boards: Coinhusker and Notlogical.
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Greg,

    Great to see you here. Learn as much as you can and have fun doing it.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

    Welcome Greg !

    Don't forget to read Broadstruck's Thread for YN's.

    Lots of neat prizes being awarded.

    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

    New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should learn a lot here during your summer when you can check in often.

    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Welcome Greg! Although I am not a YN I am a YN at heart!
  • Options
    thank you everyone for the warm welcome. My dad told me about the contest and i plan on submiting an essay soon!
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck with your collecting!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is quite cool that you collect with your dad. The 7070 album is a great one to work on because you can learn about so many areas of US numismatics. Welcome.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image to the Forums, Greg! Enjoy!

    An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424 ✭
    Welcome, I too am working on a 7070. They are fun to put together!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

  • Options
    SpaceMonkeySpaceMonkey Posts: 3,311 ✭
    welcome! enjoy the hunt







    -sm
  • Options
    FilthyBrokeFilthyBroke Posts: 3,518 ✭
    Good luck and welcome aboard!image


    -William
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 5,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be worth your time to check out the "sticky" post at the top of this page.

    Welcome!
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome greg
    I also started collecting with my Dad in the mid 60s.
    This is a great place to learn, enjoy it.
    do you have any coins to post?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    Sure do, This is one of my favorites you can guess the grade if you want:

    image
    image


  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards Greg. image
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭
    welcome greg...sounds like you have a neat dad too
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see


  • Options
    seatedcoinsseatedcoins Posts: 1,096 ✭
    image
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    image to the forum Greg. THe 7070 album your Dad and you are putting together is a great way to start.
    image
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, welcome, welcome, young Greg!!!

    image

    Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome Greg!!!imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭


    image young man!
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    Welcome Greg from another "newbie" who collects state quarters!!
    Brie

    I am a YN that likes collecting state quarters and newer dollar coins
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Sure do, This is one of my favorites you can guess the grade if you want:

    image
    image >>




    First off, welcome! I'm kind-of still a YN, seeing as I'm 18.


    Now to your beautiful shield nickel. That is MUCH nicer than my best shield nickel, which probably only grades VG or so...(I prefer Morgans, and don't really buy much else)


    As for a grade, I'm definitely not an expert, but I'd say it's a nice MS 63.


    -Paul
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    image
    Becky
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803 ✭


    << <i>Sure do, This is one of my favorites you can guess the grade if you want:

    image
    image >>


    Hey Greg !! Glad you joined us image

    That's a nice looking Shield Nickel...

    Have you ever thought of collecting "Patriotic Civil War Tokens"?
    there are a bunch of interesting varieties that can be found cheap !!!
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoooooo Greg! Welcome and glad to meet you!

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    image
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

    You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.


  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Aboard.
    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856 ✭
    image





    image





    image
    aka Dan
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭
    image to the boards!

    -Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys, and just so you all know its a MS-65image
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.

    image
    image
  • Options
    Here is my Dansco 7070 US Type set so far...... I will add the reverses soon.... it takes a long time to edit them down to size. My dad says that it will be mine when we finish it. I'm still learning how to use my dad's camera so some pictures are not so great.
    Greg

    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
    image
  • Options
    Mar327Mar327 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    image

    Nice to have you and best of luck with your essay. Your 7070 looks great and your photography isn't bad either!

    Marlene
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    FilthyBrokeFilthyBroke Posts: 3,518 ✭
    Very impressive! I like the Oregon commemorative especially, and of course the gold.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 12,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome! Great start on your 7070 - I can't believe you have most of the gold coins already!
    And a great first name, BTW.....
    Successful BST transactions with 177 members. breakdown, scotty1419, mattniss, bigjpst, onlyroosies, Manorcourtman, guitarwes, Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums.. enjoy... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    notlogicalnotlogical Posts: 2,235 ✭


    << <i>We have another father-son combination on the boards: Coinhusker and Notlogical. >>




    image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

    "Live long and prosper"

    My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    << We have another father-son combination on the boards: Coinhusker and Notlogical. >>

    <------ Greg's proud dad.

    image

  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got some nice ones in that 7070 so far!!! Just started my 7070 set back in March so I know how much fun that one can be. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I was alot younger in that picture.
  • Options
    Wilkommen.
    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file