Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

V2 Thoughts

well at first i was a little lost with V2. just like going to a website your frequent every morning to find that they have changed the layout. but now nearly 24 hours later i am finding my way easier. the first break through was adding to my inventory from the orders page. then starting a new set or two from my inventory page. finally this morning i found how to request a card to be added to a set. thanks to printing out the help book i was able to figure that out.

of course some of my cards have disappeared. it could be because they were purchased from someone else that is a member and is potentially available to them for adding to their inventory.

the only problem that i have its not as straight forward as i thought it would have been to add cards with a missing spec number or request a card to be added from your inventory. one needs to either have mulitple windows open as to cut and paste cert numbers (as using the previous page function of IE prompts you to refresh all the time) or keep going in a loop. however, the simple answer will be to buy a bar code scanner as suggested in the help manual. so we know will be able to use that bar code that many have asked about. they say that using a bar code scanner will allow you to add cards to sets/invertory and alike much easier.

we will see what happens when i get my bar code scanner.

i havent tried uploading images yet but i hope it goes well. i have seen where you do this in V2 so at least i know where to go. the "what if" function is also nice.

i have however found some cases where cards from my inventory were available to add to certain sets where that particular card should not have been allowed. in most cases this is only a problem with some of the auto'd cards sets. for instance i found out that they for some reason allowed dan reeves (former coach of the broncos and falcons) to be included in the pro football HOF auto'd card set for Dan Reeves from the Rams. after contacting the registry BJ said that has been corrected. but i am sure there are others like it out there somewhere.

just make sure you go over all your sets carefully as there may be some missing cards.
Packers Fan for Life
Collecting:
Brett Favre Master Set
Favre Ticket Stubs
Favre TD Reciever Autos
Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
Football HOF Rc's

Comments

• Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to jump in here. As I explained in several of the emails I sent out in the past 30 days, this program is a big change from what you have been used to. Basically, it is the same program that we have been running on PCGS for nearly 2 years, with some modifications being made to accommodate the many nuances of the PSA database. The program was thoroughly tested by our beta testers prior to launch, but as with any new software program, we knew we would have a few problems for the first few weeks until we iron out the bumps. Fortunately, so far, those problems have been minimal. Mainly, we have been contacted by members who needed some instruction on what to do next. The problems we are currently experiencing are as follows:

Adding and deleting images
    Cards missing from sets
    Missing inventory
    Users with duplicate accounts

Obviously, getting these issues straightened out is a priority. We found when we were importing inventory that there were many cards that had been placed in the wrong slots. In these cases, the program automatically filtered those cards to the correct location. However, if there was not a spec number associated with the card, then it would drop from the set. In that case, you should use the "Report a cert that should match this composite" function which is located in your set in "My Sets" just above the composite information. (jradke4 makes a good point about not having the split screen to copy/paste, so we'll try to get that updated with our next release.)

If the item completely fell out of inventory, then your first option is to try to re-add in to your inventory. If you get an error message about a bad certno., then please send your front and back scans to us and we'll get the item updated in the database for you. It turns out that for various reasons, cards that were once valid are now appearing invalid in the database.

Another reoccurring problem is the fact that members seem unaware that they must login with their email addresses. Then, once they get this figured out, they find that all of their sets are missing. This is because they are running duplicate accounts in our database, which always causes problems. We have the ability to merge accounts, so should you login and discover you are missing your entire inventory, please email us and we'll get the problem resolved for you.

On every page in "My Set Registry" there are help boxes to guide you through the program. Once you get familiar with V2, you can minimize these boxes. In addition, there is a detailed printable pdf user guide which you will find when you click the HELP link on the menu bar. However, should you get stuck, you can email us. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. As I said, this program is a big change and change is difficult for the majority of the population! We understand that and will give you guidance as long as you need it.

Should you find any function not working like you think it should, please be sure to email us. We will be online until about 6pm PST tonight and back early Friday morning.

Thanks for your support of the PSA Set Registry!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    BJ,

Thanks for adding. I am quite pleased after finally getting my feet wet with V2.

Pass along all of your thanks to your Crew.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to avoid the dreaded re-typing yet when adding either a team set or a master set?
  • Options
    sagard, I don't understand what you mean by re-typing. Please clarify.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    Re-typing all the certs I have already entered. Now there is a master set and many team sets available for the set, but I don't want to do all the re-typing of certs.
  • Options
    sagard,

When you login, you will find that all of your certs are listed in My Inventory. You will never need to add a certno. twice. Go to Add New Set and the list will display all the sets available for you to add based on your inventory. If you run into problems, email setregistry@collectors.com and we'll walk you through it.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    Thanks so much BJ. The new registry is outstanding.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    just adding a note here

VERY easy to either add the teams sets, or start new sets just by clicking on your current cert number. Also, I quick add, without prior deletion, will come up a "add item" next to the original card. You then have a choice which one you would like to use. I just added 3 team sets in a few minutes
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    bj,,, why does it not put a upgaded, added, next to the card you added or upgraded, this was a great feature. now you have no idea what your friends added or upgraded!!!!!!!!!! thanks corey
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    firedawg45,

Good question and it should. I'll report it to our help desk. Thanks.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    What is the difference between My Cost and My Price? I am assuming that My Cost would be what I paid for the card. What is my Price? Is that what I would sell it for?
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    BJ,

I'm noticing the "Pop Higher" catagory is including cards with qualifiers. For example, an 8OC is counted as being a higher grade than a 7 NQ. I believe this is a change from the prior format.

Please advise if this change is intentional; my preference would be for the standard utilized under the "old system" remain in place.

Thanks,

Steve
  • Options
    BJ,

I noticed my retired 1927 Churchman Famous Golfers set was upgraded???

When retired, the set had a GPA of 8.11 and now two of the cards have gone from PSA 8s to PSA 8.5s. In addition, the individual I sold the set to, retired the set shortly after buying it, also with a GPA of 8.11 and now has three upgrades to the set, all from PSA 8s to PSA 8.5s??? The current owner of the cards has upgraded three cards with the new half point improvements and the changes took place with our retired sets also.

Thanks,
    Peter
  • Options
    maybe the my price is away to keep up to date prices, ie book value.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    cuda440cuda440 Posts: 150 ✭✭

<< <i>firedawg45,

Good question and it should. I'll report it to our help desk. Thanks. >>

i agree also.

also i noticed that when upgrading an existing card to a player Registry(PSA 9 to a 10) the GPA did not go up, only the Set Rating increased slightly. shouldn't the GPA go up a tad also? just curious..
  • Options
    CreeperKat - The cost column is there for you to enter what you paid for the card. The Price column is there for you to enter the current market price.

seinbigd - I reported this to our helpdesk yesterday. They are working on it.

Vintagegolfcards - Definitely a bug. Retired sets are not supposed to update with upgrades. I have reported it.

cuda440 - Depending on the size of the set, could be a rounding issue. Play around with it in the What if? feature.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Vintagegolfcards - Definitely a bug. Retired sets are not supposed to update with upgrades. I have reported it.

>>

Just wanted to add, that if these upgrades are from REVIEWS, the cards grade is changed in the database for that certification number. And therefore will change in the retired sets as well. As long as a particular cert # is tied to to a card in a retired set (which prevents one owner from creating 20 sets in the same registry) then they are going to update when PSA changes the grade in the database. They also update on the PSA submission page with the newly assigned grade.

It's always been that way even before the half grade system.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    JasP24 - It is a programming issue and was working correctly in the beta before we launched. When we get it fixed, retired sets will remain constant with the same GPA when they were retired regardless of what happens to the cert.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options

<< <i>JasP24 - It is a programming issue and was working correctly in the beta before we launched. When we get it fixed, retired sets will remain constant with the same GPA when they were retired regardless of what happens to the cert. >>

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected. I was going by how it has been the past 3 years or so every since PSA inacted the review process as a grading service. All of my retired sets in which cards were changed a full grade or recently a half grade changed everywhere they could be found in the database.

Thanks for all the hard work and for answering questions here on a Thursday night!

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    I love the new version!

One suggested improvement for the next version would be to improve the sorting method for the Showcase sets. It is great that you can now reorder the cards in the Showcase sets, but it takes forever if a card needs to go from bottom to top or vice versa. I have seen in similar programs where items are reorder by dragging and dropping. It would be a big time saver if that functionality could be added to the next version.
  • Options
    cuda440cuda440 Posts: 150 ✭✭
    anyone else experiencing login problems on the new v2 site?

when trying to login under tabs where it says:

Set Registry ---> My Set Registry ---> Current Members

it says 'login failed'...?

i used the password that was emailed to me. -thnx
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>CreeperKat - The cost column is there for you to enter what you paid for the card. The Price column is there for you to enter the current market price.
    >>

It would be nice feature to be able to pull the SMR value into the price column automatically with the click of the mouse!!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Has anyone been able to bookmark specific registry pages in V2? I used to go to my Favorites and jump right to 71 Topps Baseball or 72 Topps Baseball. But now, after recreating the links for V2, I still have to go in through Company Made sets and find the correct year and manufacturer to get in each and every time.

Frank B
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One suggested improvement for the next version would be to improve the sorting method for the Showcase sets. It is great that you can now reorder the cards in the Showcase sets, but it takes forever if a card needs to go from bottom to top or vice versa. I have seen in similar programs where items are reorder by dragging and dropping. It would be a big time saver if that functionality could be added to the next version. >>

I agree. It's great that we can now reorder our cards in the showcase, but "Drag and Drop" would be a super time saver!

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone been able to bookmark specific registry pages in V2? I used to go to my Favorites and jump right to 71 Topps Baseball or 72 Topps Baseball. But now, after recreating the links for V2, I still have to go in through Company Made sets and find the correct year and manufacturer to get in each and every time.

Frank B >>

i used to do the same thing - now all u gotta do is go into "my set registry" -> "complete/incomplete sets" -> after you select a set it'll take you to the page for all the current sets of that (ie 71 topps baseball ) then all you gotta do is re'add the favorites link to your browser - heres what the url should look like

http://www.psacard.com/setregistry/Composite.aspx?c=1088

the number at the end is the only thing that changes (this is for 1990 leaf) - otherwise the rest of the url is the same for each set page
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • Options
    daywalker2029 - Thanks for answering Frank B's question!

imafishinnut - We wil try to add a sort feature in the showcase in the next release.

cuda440 - Please see the PM I sent to you.

ssollars - For a number of reasons, it was decided not to import the SMR prices directly into the registry, however, we'll see if we can make it easy for you to add them yourself. Good suggestion!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Frank - I was able to bookmark specific set registry pages but I had to erase my old bookmarks and then go back and recreate them with the updated web page addresses or whatever.

BJ - One question for you: Prior to the conversion I had a number of cards that I had added to a set I had not yet validated (ever). It looks like none of the cards I had added to that set carried over to V2 and I just wanted to verify whether or not I'm out of luck. Since I hadn't validated those cards, does that mean that the system couldn't transfer them to the new version? Thanks for all of your responses to this thread!

-Chad
  • Options
    Chad - We were not able to import sets that had never been validated, so yes, you will need to re-add the inventory and re-add the set. With V2, though, it shouldn't take you too long! If you don't want your set to show up at all in the registry, after you commit your changes, just uncheck the published box.

BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Sorry to be a pest, but I've been browsing the registry and I have one more question . . .

With V1 you could see when someone had made a change to their set and if you opened their set you could see which cards were added or upgraded. Now it looks like you can only see that the set was updated but not necessarily how. I do like the feature that allows for e-mails to be sent when other registrant's changes have an effect on our own ratings, but would it be possible to reinstate that old function that showed the little red box which indicated which cards were added or upgraded?

Edited to add: I'm an idiot and didn't read the thread very carefully. Sorry.
  • Options
    BJ,

I have at least one card that shows up as an 8OC on My Set Registry, but as 9 if I just look at my set from the listing of all the sets from that year. It should be a 9, as it was upgraded not too long ago.

Also, is there a delay in updates? I have upgraded a card. I can't readd it, because it says it is already included. But it still shows as the old card.

Thanks
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    TheVon - See my post from yesterday.

ElectricPrune - Please email the two certs in question to setregistry@collectors.com so we can check them out.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    BJ, I love the new registry. I LOVE pictures with no file size restrictions - to celebrate I just uploaded 3/4 of my graded cards!!! Thanks so much...and if you read this, quick question that I'll be emailing you as well...

If 80's Leaf cards are included in Player Sets, why are 1991 O Pee Chee Premier's not? Now, my personal feeling is that no major Canadian issues should be included in Basic sets (I don't count pre-91 O Pee Chee's as major), but if Leaf's are included, why not the O Pee Chee Premier? I'm talking about the Carlton Fisk basic set that I'm working on if you need a reference. Thanks and hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972 - Did you get my email about the basic sets? The vote last year was to not include the OPC Preimers. The final lists can be seen on the Set Request page. Thanks!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    BJ, in the Hall of Fame sets, for the cards with no pic, it doesn't say anymore what set and year the cards are from, only the card number, which is not of much use without knowing the set and year.
    Capecards
  • Options

<< <i>VitoCo1972 - Did you get my email about the basic sets? The vote last year was to not include the OPC Preimers. The final lists can be seen on the Set Request page. Thanks! >>

I did BJ, thanks.
  • Options
    bxb - Thanks for bringing HOF display issue to my attention. We'll get it fixed.

These things are now fixed:
    Image loading
    Image deleting
    Pop/Pop Higher - this will show correct after tonight's backup

PSA will be closed for Memorial Day weekend, however, I will be monitor email coming into setregistry@collectors.com should you have any problems.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am really liking the new reg., i started adding in some prices i paid, wish i could have done this all along,
    lots of good features

WELL DONE

hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Looks like we've got the re-grade problem corrected and the half grades should not be showing up in the old retired sets. If anyone finds this not to be true, please let me know!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Hi BJ,

Just starting to use the new version and it is very, very nice. I love how you can put your inventory in one time and see all the sets the cards pertain to.

I do have one question/gripe. I have thousands of cards in my inventory and would very much like to have the SMR value show. I can't/won't take the time to individually add each of these as it would take weeks. Can you explain why this is not an option to automatically add the values or if it is coming?

I also had another thought...if you export your set to a spreadsheet is there a way to export SMR values to the spreadsheet? If not, would this be coming at a future time?

Thanks Much

Jeff
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi BJ,

Just starting to use the new version and it is very, very nice. I love how you can put your inventory in one time and see all the sets the cards pertain to.

I do have one question/gripe. I have thousands of cards in my inventory and would very much like to have the SMR value show. I can't/won't take the time to individually add each of these as it would take weeks. Can you explain why this is not an option to automatically add the values or if it is coming?

I also had another thought...if you export your set to a spreadsheet is there a way to export SMR values to the spreadsheet? If not, would this be coming at a future time?

Thanks Much

Jeff >>

THOSE WOULD BE VERY NICE UPGRADES
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Hi Jeff,

Joe Orlando decided not to add the SMR prices for a number of different reasons one of them being the sheer volume of cards that are not priced and probably never will be priced. Another member of the forum suggested that we add a link to the SMR to make putting the prices in easier. We are looking of ways we might do that.

I don't know if there are any plans for PSA to add uploadable files of the SMR, but that is an excellent idea. You should email PSA at info@psacard.com and see if you can make it happen.

P.S. There is now a sort function for showcase sets. This was requested by a member a couple of days ago.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    BJ and/or beta testers who have a little more experience with the new V2,
    I found two spec numbers in my 1985 Topps set that are wrong, #42 Luis Sanchez and #59 Rick Waits. I tried to add #42 to my set and it said that that card doesn't match the set. I noticed that the spec number for #42 is incorrect in the 1985 Topps California Angels composite and probably why I'm unable to add it to the 1985 Topps set. I already had #59 in my set and tried to add it to my 1985 Topps Milwaukee Brewers set when I got the same message. I went back to the 1985 Topps set and noticed the incorrect spec number. Do spec number problems still get automatically sent to PSA to be added/fixed or do we have to let them know the problem with V2? Or is there a way to fix it ourself or a way to bring it to their attention?
  • Options
    Porkchopper4 - You can send an automatic request to us by using the form that links from your set in My Sets called "Report a cert that should match this composite." The form also has a text area where you can tell us if a spec is in the wrong slot.

Instructions to use this form are in the help box and in the User Guide, page 12. From the User Guide:

Report missing spec numbers and missing cards from sets

PSA assigns each item it grades with a unique number (spec number) which is what identifies it in the database. These numbers are assigned the first time an item is graded but are not automatically populated in the Set Registry. Therefore, you may find that you have an item that does not appear as available to add to a set. If that’s the case, follow these instructions:

Step 1. In My Sets, go to the set where your inventory item should be available to add.

Step 2. Click the link called "Report a cert that should match this composite" which is located just above the set composite.

Step 3. Use the drop down box to locate the name of the missing item.

Step 4. Type in the certification number of your item that is not available to add in the box label “Cert Number.”

Step 5. Click the Submit Request button. Please allow Set Registry customer service one (1) business day to update the composite with the missing spec number. Once done, your item will show as available to add to your set.

If you are building a Player Set or a set that can updated with new items, and you have an item that does not have a line item in the set, follow Steps 1-2 above. Once you are on the request form page, follow these instructions:

Step 3: Select New Slot for the Request Type.

Step 4: Type in the certification number of your item that is not available to add in the box label “Cert Number.” The New Slot Name will be filled in automatically with the information from your certification number.

Step 5: If you are requesting a team card or a card that may not necessarily have the name of the player on it, then type in the name of the player in the comments section. Step 6: Click the Submit Request button. Your request could take several weeks for fulfillment. You will be emailed when the item has been added to the composite.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I was very excited to try using an optical scanner to add cards to my registry sets. I broke out my old CueCat scanner from my days in Dallas. It is a contact scanner. It does not work with cards in PSA slabs. The reason I am posting is because there are a ton of CueCats for sale on ebay cheap. They are a good scanner, they just won't work to add cards to your registry.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    The PSA Set Registry supports the “interleave 2 of 5.” The Symbol LS2208 scanners are recommended. This information can be found on page 4 of the User Guide.
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Hi BJ,

Thanks for the earlier answer on the SMR...the uploadable SMR values to a spreadsheet would be very helpfull.

Another question/change...I am constantly looking at my sets to see what cards I need and what the grades are of the cards I already own. In the old system when you loaded your set, all the cards in the set loaded on one page and you could easily scroll through them. Now with my 60s set that have on the order of 600 cards, only about 80 load on the page and you have to constantly load page 2 to see the next 80 cards, page 3 to see the next 80 etc. This takes much more time and is a step backward, is this something that could be tweaked??

Thanks Much

Jeff
  • Options

ditto what jeff said

gator
  • Options
    its great to see that when you delete an item from a set it allows you to delete it both from your inventory and all other sets its a part of.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>Hi BJ,

Thanks for the earlier answer on the SMR...the uploadable SMR values to a spreadsheet would be very helpfull.

Another question/change...I am constantly looking at my sets to see what cards I need and what the grades are of the cards I already own. In the old system when you loaded your set, all the cards in the set loaded on one page and you could easily scroll through them. Now with my 60s set that have on the order of 600 cards, only about 80 load on the page and you have to constantly load page 2 to see the next 80 cards, page 3 to see the next 80 etc. This takes much more time and is a step backward, is this something that could be tweaked??

Thanks Much

Jeff >>

I agree with this, and would expound upon it by suggesting that you could give the viewer an option to see 50, 100, 500, ALL at the top of the cards listed. People would understand that seeing ALL (especially if there are 1000 pictures) would take time to load.
  • Options
    May also be helpful if you could build the viewing options into "My Preferences". That way, we could set them as the default view rather than having to change it everytime we go to a new set. So if my preference is to see 100 or ALL rather than the current default of 50, it would automatically show that way everytime. For me, this also applies to how the cards stack up in my inventory. The default view has the newest cards showing first on the list and the oldest cards last. My preference is to have the older cards at the top of the list. Currently I have to change this everytime I go to my inventory.

Jason