Home Metal Detecting
Options

Who would have thought...

...that there is silver in circulation, I went today for lunch at a nearby Chinese fast food restaurant and the change I got back was a few singles, nickels, dimes and six silver quarters, yep! you heard me right ,six silver quarters, three 1964, one 1963, one 1953 and one 1943 and I could heard the lady right next to me got some as well because of the ring to it... ---that made my dayimage
Has any of you gotten silver in change lately?

~

Comments

• Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Wow what a score!! I think I received a silver quarter about 6 months ago. WTG!
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭
    wow! it looks like some one paid the lunch with silver
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    My dad got a 57 silver quarter in change from a gas fill up, a couple of weeks ago... he saved it and gave it to me the next time I dropped by for a visit. image

If it wasn't a few days later and such a busy gas station, I would have dropped by and cleaned out the register.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are cleaning out their sock drawers for gas money.... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>People are cleaning out their sock drawers for gas money.... image Cheers, RickO >>

That same thought crossed my mind.

~
  • Options
    I bought a part at Napa once, and received 4 or so 1940's wheat pennys in change. I didn't notice until I got in the car though and didn't really feel like going back into the store to see if they had more. In the year or so that I have actually been paying attention to my change (yes, I used to be blind to currency), I have yet to receive a silver coin.
    I do web development and freelance programming, please PM me if you need a website or web application.

Want To Buy:
    Connecticut Nationals (Large and Small size)
    Connecticut Obsoletes