Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OT: I just got engaged!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
I turned 40 years old on May 7th and for the past year, I've been dating the most incredible woman, I've ever met.

Wanda Hevrin!

I asked her to marry me and she said YES!!!!! Actually, she said that she knew months ago, that we would end up together forever, and she is right.

She also LOVES coin collecting and secretly bought my 2 1970-D MS66 DDR's (FS801 & FS802) for my birthday, and I almost hit the floor.

I'm a VERY HAPPY MAN!

Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Congratulations!!!!

We just celebrated our 21st anniversary, May 9th

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a good woman.

You had better hang on to her and congratulations to the both of you.

Mike
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any woman who also collects..is a soul mate for sure. Congrats!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Well congradulations to you and Wanda. I wish you both all the best, and may all your coins come with FB's, FS's, Fh's.imageimageimageimage
    Dan
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328

Hope kids are in your future as well. image
  • Options
    Congrats Paul. It is always good when she says yes... it is even better when she collects coins and says yes. image
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTSTANDING NEWS!!!! Simply, simply great news. Paul, you are a lucky man to have a soon-to-be wife who understands collecting.
    Mark

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    A big congratulations Paul, image

We just celebrated our 30th on May 13th...

What series is Wanda going to collect?.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Paul, That is outstanding that you found a person that also shares your passion for coins. You will need to have a big wedding since there are quite a few of us. image
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Congradulationsimage
  • Options
    Well we just arrived in Houston, Texas for a vacation and its really nice down here with not alot of humidity. Does anyone know any good coin shops in the area?

We came down to Texas to see my Cousin and to visit Keith LaBrozzi, and to basically just get away.

Nick, Wanda has a fever for the Silver Eagles and has a few modest sets listed already. Both MS and PR.

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments!

Wanda and Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats there Stooge.

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Stooge! Any pics?
    Doug
  • Options
    Congrats Paul!
    Marriage is a wonderful thing. Coin collecting is Great.
    When you combine the two-Holly Wow. You cant ask for a better start.

BILL
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

WAY TO GO PAUL !!!!!!image
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Paul & Wanda,

Congratulations.

23 years here....

Just remember, in marriage as in coin collecting, if you pick the right set (pun intended? image ), you'll always strive to make it better.

Augie
  • Options
    Congratulations, you have a remakable woman. I was fortunate to marry an understanding Irish woman, born in Dublin, Irleand. She lets me buy coins, and to honor her, I named our MPL Collection after her, the McCullagh Collection. If you can find a hobby you both enjoy your life will be enriched. Here's a little Irish Blessing we have in our home, that you might enjoy:
    "May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, the rains fall soft upon your fields and, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand."
    Jonathan
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    CoinFameCoinFame Posts: 647

Congratulations Paul!!!!
    Seth
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondercoinimage
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Well we made it to Lufkin, Tx. and its fun to see Keith and his coin collection. He has a superb set of silver Roosies.

I will post pix when I get home.

Its hot here in Texas!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Paul!!!image

I celebrated 25 years in March, and the only thing better than a great Roosie is a GREAT WIFE and FRIEND.

Best wishes to you both,

Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I married a wonderful woman 15 years ago, it was her knowledge and enjoyment of her sterling silver collection that gave me the confindence to by more expensive and rare coins.
    Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver