Home Metal Detecting
Options

cheap detector question

i know this has already been asked probably a million times but im gonna ask again cause i have the bug BAD but have no detector, what is the cheapest detector i can buy and still find stuff. ive seen $70.00 detectors and ive seen $4,000 detectors and im on a super tight budget, but my stimulus check should be arriving soon...just dont tell my wife

Comments

• Options
    Look at the White's Prizm line $200 to $500 Dollars NEW! E-Bay$100 to $400 Dollars Used

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    or the garrett ace 250....good luck and hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerry and Dubba give good advice... stay away from the $70 detectors... invest a little, learn a lot, have fun. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Get the Garrett Ace 250....a lot of bang for the buck..and a very successful detector.
  • Options
    I have used a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for over thirteen years and have done very well with it. Some of the posts I have made can attest to that. Go to detecting.com and click on models. Go to Tracker IV and look at the testimonials. I think I have 6-7 posts in there. The Tracker IV sells for a MSRP for $139.95. Their site also lists dealers and you can generally pick one up for around $125.00 with some attachments included. There are currently over a dozen for sale on eBay. This item number is for one you can buy for about $89.00 plus S/H
    The item number is 150247006806. It looks like it is new in the box and comes with a pouch and digger. It is being advertised with the attached message. HURRY! POUCH & DIGGER PACKAGES STILL LEFT! NEXT 8 ONLY! Good luck and HH... Ken, the MDH
  • Options
    aballeinaballein Posts: 388
    thanks for the info folks, i will look into it