Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Jefferson proof collectors - - any comments?

Hmmmmmm....

Buy it Now, anyone?

Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.

Comments

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    $3,500 for a $5 coin? No thanks.
  • Options
    PR69? DeepCam? I don't know.

$1900 Reserve? $3500 BIN? No way.

Interesting slab, though, the way the coin sticks out so you can see the edge.
  • Options
    That guy wants $1,900 for a $5 coin. Do you think his reserve really is $1,900? It's probably $1,850, the sly devil.

That DCGS 69 DCAM looks like a PCGS 67 Cam.
  • Options
    MonstavetMonstavet Posts: 1,235 ✭✭
    I guess I will use my tax refund elsewhere...the slab is...intriguing.
    Send Email or PM for free veterinary advice.
  • Options
    What a reversal from their initial business model of slabbing only state quarters. This was that same grading co. right?
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I'll pass on the nickel. Check out the 1958 cent graded PR69DCAM that you can buy for a mere $6900. Sheesh!! It doesn't even look like a CAM, let alone DCAM! If you prefer silver coins, there's a 1957 dime in PR70 DCAM with a BIN of $4500; high bid so far is a generous $31. Seems that the seller has only that brand of slab available for sale. Has anybody ever seen or heard of these before? You'd better hurry; bidding on these beauties ends tomorrow. image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    I believe that someone once posted the info on this company and this seller. They were the same person.
  • Options
    www.digitalcoingrading.com

I had e-mailed the owner a few months ago asking about the company and he claimed that they partially grade with computers and then the finalizer checks the grade. Every state quarter slab I have seen says proof like. I think the computer likes the shiny surfaces of the coins.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention that it is another Florida coin grading company.

Cameron Kiefer