Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Looking for knowledge (i.e Can I pick your brain?)

I'm working on a 1963 Topps PSA 7 set (thinking about 7 and 8's) and I am looking for any and all information about this set that I "should" know.

Things like are there any particular cards that are hard to find in 7's or 8's? Are there any counterfeits other than the Rose to be watchful for?

Basically, I am hoping to hear from some of you longtime collectors who are far more knowledgable than me. If you have any tidbits of info on the '63 Topps set please stop in and share. The kids are in bed and I figured I'd take this time to learn a little something.

Thanks,
Jay
3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Not sure how much disposable cash you have, but the latest Andy Madec Auction has a lot of 100 1963 PSA 7's and 8's. Min bid is $300. Picking up a bunch of commons in one lot is definitely the best way to start.
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure how much disposable cash you have, but the latest Andy Madec Auction has a lot of 100 1963 PSA 7's and 8's. Min bid is $300. Picking up a bunch of commons in one lot is definitely the best way to start. >>

Thanks, I'll take a look. Right now I am at a snails pace with collecting. I've been buying one here, one there. Hopefully that changes in the near future.

Jay

• Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Google it............................................
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Pete Rose and Willie Stargell have RC's in the 63 set. Glad I could be of help.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Just dont pick my nose
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Pete Rose and Willie Stargell have RC's in the 63 set. Glad I could be of help.

I have heard the Pete Rose card can be a little pricey sometimes. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys lol

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the help guys lol >>

Get yourself one of these...

...and an ample supply of Plutonium, unless you spring for the Mr. Fusion option.

Oh, and while you're back there, tell my mom and dad to stock up on T-206s for their future son's inheritance. image
  • Options
    JFK was shot in 1963

Tom
  • Options
    Checking the pop report on the set should help.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options

<< <i>Checking the pop report on the set should help. >>

Thanks CC, been doing that for a little while now. I was actually looking to see if there was a perticular card ....like in 62 Topps...that was really tough to find centered..etc I keep hearing how this one common in 62 topps is really tough to find in nice shape.....

Anyway...thanks image

Jay

• Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭
    You may want to read through this thread..

link
  • Options
    Thanks Biff! Exactly what I was looking for....my search didn't turn that up, guess I searched wrong image

But thanks again!

Jay