Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone on this board keep up with modern day players

I know a lot of you just collect vintage, and was wondering how many people on this board keep up with more modern players and their cards?

Which players do you think will put up the best numbers from 1995 to 2015? (hold off on rookies after 2005 for now)

AROD
PUJOLS
ICHIRO
MANNY

Who else stands the chance of longevity and constant performance over a 20 year period?

Comments

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    David Wright, Hanley Ramirez and Nick Markakis (the last two are still really young but in mind already proven)

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Prince Fielder, and to a lesser extent of knowing what the future will hold, Ryan Braun (oops, you said not to list rookies after 2005, sorry, lol).
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Vlad?
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Tim Wakefield.

OK, so he's not a superstar, but one helluva great guy and pretty darn good pitcher in his own right.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Jose Reyes, David Wright, Jimmy Rollins, John Lackey, Josh Beckett
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    No. Only dead Hall of Famers. chaz
  • Options

<< <i>Prince Fielder, and to a lesser extent of knowing what the future will hold, Ryan Braun (oops, you said not to list rookies after 2005, sorry, lol). >>

Given Prince's physical size, I doubt he really has the potential to put up hof'er numbers over time....
  • Options

<< <i>Jose Reyes, David Wright, Jimmy Rollins, John Lackey, Josh Beckett >>

I think Jose Reyes had a couple good years, but really don't see him putting up serious numbers over 20 years, except perhaps in SB area. Jimmy Rollins...NAH - nothing spectacular worth mentioning. Beckett, too young for a pitcher to consider he can establish serious numbers over a 20 year period. Lackey Lacks.... WRight, i believe is the only one in your list who has potential to put up serious numbers over a 20 year period.
  • Options

<< <i>Vlad? >>

Definetely!!

• Options
    Barry Bonds is still by far the best player since 1995, Rodriguez will likely surpass him, but no one else has any chance to do so before the end of 2015
    Tom
  • Options
    well, Ichiro won't be around 20 years. He'll play maybe 5 more? He legs out a lot of infield hits and such and his speed will only decline with age. He should get 3000 hits which is impressive since he played so many seasons in Japan. He is certainly collectible though. and a HOf'er
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Barry Bonds is still by far the best player since 1995, Rodriguez will likely surpass him, but no one else has any chance to do so before the end of 2015 >>

really TOM No one? u sure?
  • Options
    LOL fandango.

only if his Elbow doesnt explode, or he doesnt mysteriously catcht he Tejad rapid aging syndrome.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as HR's go I think Arod will be the all-time leader once he retires.
  • Options
    Matt Holliday
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    David Wright and Ryan Zimmerman are my two modern players.
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Dice -K will go 26-2 this year

• Options
    "Dice -K will go 26-2 this year"

I predict 17-11.
  • Options
    Utley, Howard, Rollins, Hamels.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch the Braves play and whatever's on ESPN.

I listen to what's talked about - who's hot - who's not - on the playing field.

Cards? No.

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Matt Holliday >>

I have starting collecting him....although he is in colorado (hitters park), his numbers look promising...

• Options

<< <i>Utley, Howard, Rollins, Hamels. >>

sounds like a phillies fan to me (grin)....

maybe utley...
    howard ...if he can duplicate the last 2 seasons, but off to a rocky start, plus he is already 29
    rollins... too old to put up serious numbers...
    hamels, too young to consider at this time for a pitcher...may rethink after a few more solid years.