Home Metal Detecting
Options

Here's the results of todays hunt....I started out

at a place I have not hunted before....and also took pictures......Before the day was over, I had a great day, and my batteries were dead on my camera...I still haven't learned to hunt and take pics...

Here's the places I looked..

A small plot of land, the place to the right there on the other side of the fence where the hydrant is, is an old shell midden from back in the Indian days, colonial coins have been found there....but not this day..

This is an abandoned school yard....built around the early 1900's on the older buildings..

Here is Selden Park.....Built around the early 1900's...

My first signal...........Said penny at 7"....Hmmm deep stuff here.

Next signal...again...penny at 6-7 "...

This one threw me...said penny at 7"......but not..a shotgun shell end...

Another one that threw me...I thought it was a large cent....or a colonial coin....nope...a button...

Next signal.....hmmm penny at 6"...let's see....yep!...back on track..

The next one was a nickel...not very deep....4" or so..

The next one....Alright!.....Quarter at 5"......let's see...OK!...SILVER!

Unfortunately........this is where I lost my battery power.....So I continued on...a silver quarter had me ready to keep going....When I got through, I posted a pic of the total finds....A pretty good day...No silver dimes, which is odd..But I did find another silver quarter at the school yard There is certainly some silver dimes to be found.....just have to go back..

A close up of the two quarters...

Good old play money....thought it was silver...but not to be...

A gold colored gaming token...Yea....I almost fainted...lol......

The buttons...

The clad dimes.....

Modern pennies...

The wheaties...

The oldest wheatie was a 1915....

I forgot to get a pic of the quarters...but there are 8, including the 2 silvers ones...
All in all a darn good day to be out.

Comments