Home Metal Detecting
Options

Riccar's greatest find ever! OR i'm having a really bad day!

rick is a little shy showing off his latest and greatest find. so here it is:

Comments

• Options
    pardon my stupidity, but what is it?...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    that my friend is the detectorist's most sought after find, the pulltab. this one is stuck in cement. riccar found it while searching my dirt from a bottle pit i was digging out.
  • Options
    wow! ... what a find! ... some people only dream of finding one o those ... wtg guys!....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    That's a nice one...got the full ring and tongue...WTG!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An archeologists dream.... image That should be framed and put on exhibit. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

With the amount of these things laying around, future generations will no doubt think that we used them as a form of currency.

In 10,000 years companies like PCGS will be slabbing those bloody things... image
  • Options
    10,000 years?..............I got it slabbed....

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    A fossilized pull tab!!!
  • Options

<< <i>10,000 years?..............I got it slabbed....

image >>

LOL!!! imageimageimage
    good one Steve!

Brian found this place for bottle digging and I decided to stop by to visit him (I'm not a bottle digger but I have fun watching the stuff he digs up). While I was looking around at the dirt, I asked him if he'd mind if I detect the dirt he was piling up. He gave me the go-ahead, and when I found that old-style pull-tab in cement, I really started cracking up! I threw it to Brian and said "you know you're having a bad day when..." image We're usually joking, jabbing, and telling stories when we meet up, so this was another funny one.

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Ooooooooh I can only dare to dream of such a find for myself! lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    That is an early 60's pull tab.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage