Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Most Competitive Registry Sets You Collect

My two would be the Football HOF RC set and the 1974 Kellogg's. With the Kellogg's set I am 72% complete, have about half 10's and the rest 9's...and I think I am like #22. The football HOF RC I was #54 last month, picked up a slew of cards (6-7?) and I am in #54 place.

Clear Skies,
Mark
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Spring of 2004 I had 68 cards registered in my 1955 Topps Baseball set and was at #25. Since then I have added and upgraded cards and now have 194 of the 206 needed to complete the set. Last I checked I was at # 35. I am also working hard on my 1960 Topps Baseball. I have no delusions of having one of the best sets but I do enjoy putting sets together and will be delighted to complete them.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    There is always a lot of action on the 1967 Baseball set (always plenty of the little red "Updated" banners if you look at the list), but there have also been several high set breakups of late, so I've been pulled forward a few places even before a few recent additions I made.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Interesting question; I had to go look. Surprisingly, I think it might be the 1961 Topps football set. Lots of sets at 100%, and some of those guys at the top will pay whatever it takes.
  • Options

<< <i>My two would be the Football HOF RC set and the 1974 Kellogg's. With the Kellogg's set I am 72% complete, have about half 10's and the rest 9's...and I think I am like #22. The football HOF RC I was #54 last month, picked up a slew of cards (6-7?) and I am in #54 place.

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

Those a-holes collecting the football HOF RC set will drive a man to drink for sure image

I think the 50 bowman is a toughie. Every person in the top 20 is close to 100% complete. Some modern sets you buy a few cards and your in the top 10, Im 1/3 of the way through the 50 bowman set and #35 or something.

good question mark!!

joe
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Try the 75 Topps Minis. Outrageous comp, with some of the wealthiest collectors more than willing to throw multiple thousands at a single card. Some of the lowest pops around, esp for the period, only fuel the comp even moreso. What's more, very few sets with 100% completion. Easy to break in at the lower rungs (30+), but very difficult and pricey to crack the very top.
  • Options
    1960 Topps baseball. Almost every time I check, about 50% of the top 50 current sets have upgraded their sets and usually, I've dropped another spot or 3 image
  • Options

Hello to all ,

I've found the non-sport CWN a most competative registry , the top dogs don't upgrade a great deal but it's a lot of work & $$$$'s to out gun them .

I'm moving onto Horrors of War , i'm sure that will be equally as tough & expensive .

Good luck to all , hope you get the cards you require .

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I'm mainly doing the HOF rookie set. I started in Decemeber of last year and debuted at 64th place. Right now I am at about 35th place and nearing 50% completed. Hopefully I will do okay with the sub I have at PSA now.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'm 20% of the way into 57 Topps Football - GREAT set but super competitive. For player sets, my Yaz registry is very competitive (but only for spots 3-12). I want to do an older baseball set but the competition (and I also have no delusions of being in the top 5) is so fierce even for 6/7's.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    larry bird master and basic

55 topps all american football
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    1971 OPC Hockey here. I see updates all of the time and new sets always being added.