Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone have any experience with the seller "allthatjazzjazz" on Ebay?

The seller has some really nice raw Morgans...most of them have a lot of bidders right now. Anyone here done business with???

Comments

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    Cracks out NGC and PCGS holdered AU58's, MS61's and MS62's and flips them raw.

Strongly Avoid.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    I'd recommend him. He has a good return policy and doesn't give a numerical grade for any of his raw coins...and he also guarantees they'll grade MS at any TPG.
    aka Dan
  • Options

<< <i>Cracks out NGC and PCGS holdered AU58's, MS61's and MS62's and flips them raw.

Strongly Avoid. >>

Thanks Jack!
  • Options

<< <i>I'd recommend him. He has a good return policy and doesn't give a numerical grade for any of his raw coins...and he also guarantees they'll grade MS at any TPG. >>

Daniel....have you won any of his auctions?
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Wow!!! Wolf and DJ are night and day on this one! Its all about your personal experience and perspective I suppose.
  • Options
  • Options
    <<Cracks out NGC and PCGS holdered AU58's, MS61's and MS62's and flips them raw.

Strongly Avoid. >>

Why would one avoid someone that cracks coins out and sells them raw? Could the seller just prefer this? I prefer raw coins for the most part.

Have you dealt with this seller first hand?

Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Dorkkarl - what do you think?
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<Cracks out NGC and PCGS holdered AU58's, MS61's and MS62's and flips them raw.

Strongly Avoid. >>

Why would one avoid someone that cracks coins out and sells them raw? Could the seller just prefer this? I prefer raw coins for the most part.

Have you dealt with this seller first hand? >>

Most folks will think they are probably 63 or higher, and he makes money on the difference.

That's my take.

wes
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd recommend him. He has a good return policy and doesn't give a numerical grade for any of his raw coins...and he also guarantees they'll grade MS at any TPG. >>

Daniel....have you won any of his auctions? >>

I haven't won any but I have bid on many of his auctions in the past and am bidding on one right now. He has an excellent feedback record (his feedback score is 2217 and 100% positive) and very good DSR's too. He has always struck me as the straight shooter type as per his un-hyped descriptions and the fact that he doesn't give his raw coins a numerical grade and guarantees they'll grade MS at the TPG's.
    aka Dan
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    I hear a lot of people saying buy the coin not the plastic, so why would it matter if the coin is cracked out?
  • Options

<< <i><<Cracks out NGC and PCGS holdered AU58's, MS61's and MS62's and flips them raw.

Strongly Avoid. >>

Have you dealt with this seller first hand? >>

1. Have you seen his auction results? He's getting better money doing it this way.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.
  • Options

<< <i>I hear a lot of people saying buy the coin not the plastic, so why would it matter if the coin is cracked out? >>

It doesn't, unless you're willing to pay MS63/4/5 money for a coin the seller knows is an old NGC MS62 and he isn't telling you.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hear a lot of people saying buy the coin not the plastic, so why would it matter if the coin is cracked out? >>

It doesn't, unless you're willing to pay MS63/4/5 money for a coin the seller knows is an old NGC MS62 and he isn't telling you. >>

What if NGC was wrong? I know TPG's are infallible, but what if?
  • Options
    Im still not seeing why we should avoid this seller strongly. Are not the tpg's grades just opinions? Granted they are "professional", but they are still human opinions. I have coins that should be a point or two higher, and afew that should be a point or two lower.

I love the fact that we have tpg's in this hobby, but I really think we put way too much trust into their opinions sometimes. Havent we all seen undergraded coins and over graded coins in tpg holders? Or am I alone in that?

I havent seen any of this sellers auctions, but Id give just about any seller the benifeit of the doubt. Ateast once anyway.
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    I've not been satisfied with purchases from him.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite an eBay model on coinage..............................."Will Grade Out By Any Grading Company, GUARANTEED."

I've never seen anything like this.

Typical description:

1881 S Morgan Silver Dollar $$The coin in pictures is the coin winning bidder will receive.$$

Note: Exceptional strikes on both obverse and reverse. Exceptional luster with beautiful toning, a touch of color on reverse. Nice frosted Liberty and eagle. So much nicer than all those cleaned Morgans listed on eBay.

Guaranteed NOT cleaned and problem free (30 day 100% money back) coin will grade MS by any grading company. The best guarantee you will find on eBay or anywhere else. I dont guarantee a number in front of the MS, no one can. Pictures are clear and again coin has not been cleaned, you grade.

BEWARE of sellers on eBay who:

List coins as a PL in the tiles and sub titles. No PL mirrored fields in the pictures.

Are not clear on their return policy. Read entire return policy is it a full return? or a we will work something out return?.

Only offer a 7 day return on a coin. They know its next to impossible to get a coin back from PCGS or NGC in 7 days. Turn around is more like 2 to 3 weeks.

Sellers that have 60 coins listed and almost all are the same in color (a bit gray looking) and have the same luster. Thats what happens when they are dipped/cleaned.

Sellers who put in the tile PL/DMPL. If they dont know if its a PL or a DMPL they dont have a clue what it is. Big difference between the two.

Seller who gives 5 pictures of obverse and 5 of reverse. The first picture of both are almost bag mark free the others have bag marks in other areas. What you see is not what your getting unless you look at all the pictures. Makes one wonder if the real deep ones are on any of the pictures.

If 3/4 or more of the listings are PQ, PL, DPL, DMPL.

eBay Link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file