Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

pcgs coin storage

For you collecotrs out there that collect pcgs coins or trade for them. How do you store your pcgs coins? I was wondering about the Intercept Shield Slab Storage System???

It comes with the outer box and 10 inner boxes for individual coins.

The inner boxes are designed to hold ICG, PCGS or NGC graded coins.

Any comments or suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    I haven't use the intercept shield products.

I use NGC boxes - they hold NGC/PCGS coins great and are a smoky
    gray color that allows you to see the front coin in the box.

Ken
  • Options
    You should always store slabbed coins in storage boxes designed to keep them from rubbing against each other. Of course, keep coins in a safe deposit box.
    If you intend to keep coins for an extended period (several years) you should consider the Intercept Shield system or something equivalent. There ARE chemicals in the air and they will affect the appearance of even slabbed coins, after long periods of exposure.
  • Options
    I have PCGS/NGC coins that I have stored in NGC/PCGS boxes in my gun safe since 1979. Thay look just the same as they did when I purchased them.
    I have never seen a Peace Dollar that I did not like!!
  • Options
    I have PCGS/NGC coins that I have stored in NGC/PCGS boxes in my gun safe since 1979. Thay look just the same as they did when I purchased them.
    I have never seen a Peace Dollar that I did not like!!
  • Options
    gcoingcoin Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments. If anyone else is interested in more information. I pulled this from www.stantonbooks.com.
  • Options
    I thought PCGS started in 1986
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    I would probably consider using those intercept shields for expensive full red coppers, but I dont think they're really necessary in other cases. If your coins are already in PCGS or NGC holders, and then in a storage box, and then in a safe deposit box, then in the actual bank vault, that's a lot of protection between your coins and the envirnoment, and it's not very likely that your coins will undergo much of a change even over very long periods of time, unless the change has already started before the coins were holdered or there is some type of contamination inside the holder.

Dragon
  • Options
    Robbnsc: You couldn't have had them since 1979. PCGS/ NGC didn't start till 86 and 87. We have said this before, but I don't think PCGS cares: They should make the blue storage boxes that hold ten coins. It would be easier to transport a smaller number of coins like at a coin show/ club meeting and would fit better in your hands. Who else wants this? I would buy at least ten to start off.

Cameron Kiefer