Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dear Ozzie Guillen,

Please, for the love of God, SHUT UP! Just do what you're paid to do, manage your team to the best of your ability. Your whacked out perceptions and off the wall conspiracy theories are growing old. There may have been a few of us that appreciated you in your playing days, but your true colors have shown through the past few years. We get it, your a bigot and a racist and everyone is out to get you. Nobody really cares.

Guillen

Guillen at it again and it's only the start of the season :sigh:

Past slurs

Signed,
Usedtothinkyouwereanokplayer

PS - And to think I really used to collect him lol I'll take a gambler over a racist any day of the week.
3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Please, for the love of God, SHUT UP! Just do what you're paid to do, manage your team to the best of your ability. Your whacked out perceptions and off the wall conspiracy theories are growing old. There may have been a few of us that appreciated you in your playing days, but your true colors have shown through the past few years. We get it, your a bigot and a racist and everyone is out to get you. Nobody really cares.

Guillen
    >>

Phil Cuzzi seems to have a vendetta against Ozzie. This is no mystery to anyone who's watched him work any Sox games over the past four years.

<< <i>
    Guillen at it again and it's only the start of the season :sigh:
    >>

Guillen is a huge Clemente fan and carries a baseball card of Clemente in his wallet. His comments sparked some really good discussion on the Sunday night game between Morgan and Gammons. His comments weren't racist or derogatory. What's the problem? It's a fun debate.

<< <i>Signed,
    Usedtothinkyouwereanokplayer
    PS - And to think I really used to collect him lol I'll take a gamble over a racist any day of the week. >>

Non-story.
  • Options
    I think Ozzie is great for baseball.
    I was 100% behind him on the comments about Jay Mariotti.
    Nothing wrong with a man having opinions rather than the standard "They are a great team", "We'll have to play our best baseball", blah blah blah
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    It seemed to me I would pull "the stupid Guillen" card in every other pack of 1987 Topps I opened.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Great for baseball? lol

I personally never like to wish harm to anyone, for the most part. But I sure do hope that one day Guillen runs his mouth to or about the wrong person. He's got it coming.

• Options
    He can say whatever he wants. His team is good again this year and will be back in the world series.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    You should watch what you're shoveling.

How's that nonexistent Purple Heart that you didn't get for being injured in the line of duty (allegedly)?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    How's that nonexistent Purple Heart that you didn't get for being injured in the line of duty (allegedly)?

Look! Another dead horse! Let's beat it to death!
  • Options

<< <i>You should watch what you're shoveling.

How's that nonexistent Purple Heart that you didn't get for being injured in the line of duty (allegedly)? >>

You should perhaps learn to read and know what you;re talking about first. I never said I received the Purple heart. How's that for ya.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You should watch what you're shoveling.

How's that nonexistent Purple Heart that you didn't get for being injured in the line of duty (allegedly)? >>

You should perhaps learn to read and know what you;re talking about first. I never said I received the Purple heart. How's that for ya. >>

Oh really?

You didn't say you were injured during combat? You got called out and then edited your posts, remember?

Yeah, too bad I took a screen shot of this before you went on another editing spree, huh?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I'll try to make this real clear for you. There are certain criteria that must be met to be eligible to receive the Purple Heart. My injuries did not meet the criteria.....not that I ever, for one second, expected or thought I should receive the PH. Injuries do not automatically award you the PH.

Again, please try to know what you're talking about before spouting off at the mouth.

Thanks,
    Jay

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Back on topic - Ozzie - good for baseball?

maybe...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>Back on topic - Ozzie - good for baseball?

maybe... >>

I agree that he speaks his mind, but I just don't like some of his choices in words and/slurs.

• Options

<< <i>I'll try to make this real clear for you. There are certain criteria that must be met to be eligible to receive the Purple Heart. My injuries did not meet the criteria.....not that I ever, for one second, expected or thought I should receive the PH. Injuries do not automatically award you the PH.

Again, please try to know what you're talking about before spouting off at the mouth.

Thanks,
    Jay >>

Jebus, is your name John Kerry or something?

Then please explain your exact words, and I quote, "As for your demands that I send you copies of my of my (sic) Purple Heart paperwork?"

Also, when you were blaming your so-called injuries while in combat on your pisspoor attitude, you were making that up too?

And you have the nerve to call someone out on something they said?

I don't even like Ozzie but will still call you a HUGE hypocrite.
  • Options
    :sigh:

Listen Stown...I'll try this real slow for you as to not confuse you.

Person A demanded that I make copies of a paper that I do not have.

I told person A that I would not jump through any of his ridiculous hoops....regardless of what the particulars were.

Period.

End of story.

You're reading way too much into it.

When someone, anyone, makes outlandish requests or demands (as they were) I don't take the time to explain anything to them. I simple ignore them.

Take it as you want. It's clear you have nothing better to do and you will anyway. But I would expect anything less image

Take it easy,
    Jay

• Options
    Damn - screen shots...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Ozzie rules!
  • Options

<< <i>Damn - screen shots...

image >>

Pretty sad, huh?

• Options
    Still beating that horse up I see...

BORING...

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Damn - screen shots...

image >>

Pretty sad, huh?

image >>

to each his own...

- uncut

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Phil Cuzzi is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and a respected umpire. Don't know too many people who would say that Ozzie is a good guy.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Here he goes again.

He capped off his rant with this gem of a remark.......

“How many times do I curse people out? I will make a lot of money. … I have to keep going because in the future Ozzie will need money,” Guillen said.

What a great guy. Not.

• Options
    Stown, I find it quite funny that you are on these boards, saving screen shots, and calling somebody a liar(and getting angry about it)....WHEN YOU IDOLIZE AND PROMOTE THE BIGGEST LIAR ON EARTH!!

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>Stown, I find it quite funny that you are on these boards, saving screen shots, and calling somebody a liar(and getting angry about it)....WHEN YOU IDOLIZE AND PROMOTE THE BIGGEST LIAR ON EARTH!! >>

Give it up. Really.
  • Options
    skinny is just bitter that NAMBLA recently rejected his application.

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

I've heard it said " Whoo on to them that call evil good and good evil. "

Even though Mr. Guillen uses language I don't appreciate , its the evil people that he has called out, that can't stand what he says.

Only a modern day liberal , with no moral morings , could ever believe that its possible to pick a turd up by the clean end.

Truth is Truth, even if we do not like it.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>Even though Mr. Guillen uses language I don't appreciate , its the evil people that he has called out, that can't stand what he says. >>

I'm far from evil and far from living in Chicago or being a Chicago fan.....I just can't stand Guillen. I put him in the same class as Canseco & Schilling, a guy who has nothing good to say but refuses to keep his trap shut.

All the analogies in the world couldn't make me like Guillen.

Jay

• Options
    barry is the master of the screen shots...

and the money shot!
  • Options
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but that never stops me from spouting off. Military service should always be admired, it is a service for our country and should always be honored. I have not served in the military but I am deeply grateful for those who have. The Purple Heart is not the issue, the issue is service, and to me anyone who chooses to serve for the protection of mine and my families is a hero to me.

My admiration goes out to the entire military. I try to tell every veteren that I meet 'Thank You'. These people placed their life on the line for our freedoms and deserves a little respect. That's my 2 cents.
    Collector of Dale Murphy
    Collector of OPC 1980-1985
  • Options
    Oh yeah, about Ozzie, come on now, a crazy fiery manager has always made baseball more entertaing. And for some odd reason, the crazier the better. I love the Braves and I love it when Bobby gets tossed, which happens a lot. Billy Martin was a blessing for the Yankees and who didn't love the Hal Mcrea melt down. The grenade tossing minor league manager was priceless. I could go on but I'm not.
    Collector of Dale Murphy
    Collector of OPC 1980-1985