Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

##### Cards that make you say WOW! #####

Hey guys, I thought it would be cool to start a thread of cards that make you say WOW!

The card that made me say WOW is this one. Not mine of course(I wish), I got it from an ebay auction.

Linky

Is there a card that makes you say WOW!? Come share it image

The card can be yours or not, dosen't matter, if you find a card that you think can make somebody say WOW, come share it here.

Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    one of my dream cards. (image from ebay, memory lane)

White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    WOW! image

That is a great looking card, very sweet image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Is this a WOW card???

Linky

Giovanni
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

WOW

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>WOW

imageimage >>

How could I forget this card? image

Sorry George image

Giovanni
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Will you knock it off with ###############. Are you that insecure that you always have to draw attention to yourself??
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will you knock it off with ###############. Are you that insecure that you always have to draw attention to yourself?? >>

Agreed but was that comment really necessary?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Will you knock it off with ###############. Are you that insecure that you always have to draw attention to yourself?? >>

Don't a lot of people put some kind on thing to make the thread stand out for a type of thread like this?

I don't always do it, only when its this type of thread.

Giovanni
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>

Agreed but was that comment really necessary? >>

Probably since he has done it several times before and was called on it once. His reply about wanting the thread to stand out confirms it. I imagine we offered highlighting, bold and flashing graphics, he would be all over that.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Sorry, Saturday is reserved for raw cards only. Perhaps you could start "####Cards that make you say WOW! #####" Tuesday.
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Some people need to relax...

He uses pound signs and you think he is insecure?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Cards that make you say WOW! >>

Benchwarmers!

Mike
  • Options
    You can't beat that Mike image

Giovanni
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Cards that make you say WOW! >>

Benchwarmers!

image >>

Winner Winner, chicken dinner!
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    I'am in love with Amanda Beard. This one always makes me say wow!image
  • Options

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    How about this one?

Linky

Giovanni
  • Options
    Nice !!!

- uncut

• Options
    Another WOW!

I think these cards are almost impossible at a 9 grade. Possible PSA 1o crossover??? image

Linky
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this a WOW card???

Giovanni >>

I would have to say no. Any dude named Sherry can't be that cool.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    is that brewer insignia backwards?

- uncut

• Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    This is one of many....

• Options

<< <i>This is one of many....

image >>

WOW!!!! image

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this a WOW card???

Giovanni >>

I would have to say no. Any dude named Sherry can't be that cool.

image >>

True, my fault image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Think it depends on back.
  • Options

<< <i>Think it depends on back. >>

huh?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    1 of 1 Crosby hockey cards that create such a stir over at the Beckett bd.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>1 of 1 Crosby hockey cards that create such a stir over at the Beckett bd.

Steve >>

Hey Steve,

Any scans? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    The t206s have some rare backs that command a premium, not an expert on subject but I think Hinda and American Beauty , a few others, are scarce backs and usually command more.
  • Options

<< <i>The t206s have some rare backs that command a premium, not an expert on subject but I think Hinda and American Beauty , a few others, are scarce backs and usually command more. >>

Oh, yeah those different backs are very cool, and some can bring big bucks!

Giovanni
  • Options
    Bought a Chief Bender a while ago with an american beauty back and paid a premium, not sure if I should have, but liked the card, sometimes that is what it is about for me. Tim
  • Options

<< <i>Bought a Chief Bender a while ago with an american beauty back and paid a premium, not sure if I should have, but liked the card, sometimes that is what it is about for me. Tim >>

Hey Tim,

Not to familiar with all these vintage backs, but if you like something go for it.

At some point I wanted to start a T212 Obak different backs, of course I never did, I only got 2 and I think theres 20 or something like that image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Why not show this beauty off, my buddy Jim will appreciate this one! image

Linky

Giovanni
  • Options
    Have been trying to get at least one card from most of the older sets, picked up my first T3 in Chantilly in November. Got a few 205, 206, and 207s, got my fisrt Allen and Ginter in Chantilly last month, need to send it for grading, but neat card. Tim
  • Options

<< <i>Have been trying to get at least one card from most of the older sets, picked up my first T3 in Chantilly in November. Got a few 205, 206, and 207s, got my fisrt Allen and Ginter in Chantilly last month, need to send it for grading, but neat card. Tim >>

Cool cards, do you have scans to share? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    I think I will get my son to help me in morning to try that, I enjoy looking at some of the others I see here. Appreciate the interest. Tim
  • Options

<< <i>I think I will get my son to help me in morning to try that, I enjoy looking at some of the others I see here. Appreciate the interest. Tim >>

Yeah Tim, its always great to see another collector's cards, after all, a big part of collecting is being able to see other collector's cards image

I always enjoy seing other people's cards and also showing off mine from time to time, its fun. IMO, whats the point of having cards if you won't share them. I'm not saying you image I'm just saying in general, people should show off their cards, because thats a big part of collecting I think.

I look forward in seing your cards, do you have a PSA set registry??? If not, you should definetly try that some day, its the best man, really fun. I enjoy adding more cards to my registry as more and more guys are starting to collect my same set i'm going for, its fun to go back and forth with the guys.

Alright Tim, hope youy can add some scans soon image

Giovanni
  • Options
    WOW!

Very nice Hockey card! image

Linky

Giovanni
  • Options
    All over the place on register, sorry been trying to load photos, stumped, nothing complete but a lot of little things.
  • Options
    Marshall Fogel's Gem Mint Mick...

This makes me say wow!

• Options
    WOW!!!!!!!

Alan, thats the sweetest Mantle out there right?

Giovanni
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Marshall Fogel's Gem Mint Mick...

This makes me say wow!

image >>

Simply unreal...WOW might not cover it!
  • Options

<< <i>How about this one?

Linky

Giovanni >>

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This card is so much of a WOW card that I gotta say WOW one more time!

Giovanni

Edited to add: I just can't stop looking at this card for some reason. This hasen't happened to me like this in a while, very nice looking card. WOW!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I was searching the registry (the big guns on there need to add pictures!!!). This is taken from the 6th finest Goudey set. This card makes me go WOW!!!

SMR on this is $60K. I imagine if one went up for sale, it would sell for more. Just think, there are actually 8 examples graded HIGHER. WOW!!!!

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    I would say this has a certain wow factor to it!
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    very nice WOW cards....

i may be biased, but every time i look at this card (its mine) i go WOW..