Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just looking at some of Sunnywood's eye candy and noticed...

...that one of his MS67 1883-CC morgans is a cool VAM. Linky. It's a VAM-5A...of course I doubt it would add much value to a coin already in that high a price range but it's still a cool VAM to find. image

Click here for the uber extra gigantic image image

Love looking at all those toned morgans Sunnywood. image That 1893-S is spectacular image...are you going to get it trueview'd?

Edited to add cropped photos:

imageimageimage
aka Dan

Comments

• GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    Very nice coin. image
  • Wow, thats some nice toning there. I really like the over all look to both the obverse and reverse on that one. Whats a Vam-5A? Sorry, not a vammer,(yet).
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>Wow, thats some nice toning there. I really like the over all look to both the obverse and reverse on that one. Whats a Vam-5A? Sorry, not a vammer,(yet). >>

Here ya go. If you open the extra large image of the coin (linked in my OP) you'll be able to see all the markers. image
    aka Dan
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Wow
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    Sunnywood has a fantastic set of Morgan dollars.

All high grades and all with tone. Killer set.

Few people can assemble such a high grade set and Sunnywood did it with colors. image

-------------

etexmike
  • TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    SUNNYWOODS COLLECTION IS KILLER, AND YES I AM SHOUTING IT OUT FOR ALL TO HEAR. image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly a fantastic collection... not a vammer, but always look at the vam pictures offered. Cheers, RickO
    Just added some crops of the trueview pic in my OP.
    aka Dan
    aka Dan
  • Hey Daniel, thanks for this post - I only just saw it now for the first time !!! I don't come on the Boards as much as I once did. FYI, I have never checked all my morgans for VAMs, so it was very cool that you noticed this one. I have larger-sized True View pics of my Morgans (4400x2220 pixels, about 4-5MB per file). So if you want even more close-up detail, let me know. I did once post my two 1878 8TF PCGS MS66 coins in a thread, and Board members were kind enough to identify the VAMs of those two colorful coins. Neither one was a particularly rare VAM however.

I hope you enjoyed looking through not only my Primary Set, ranked #6 on the Registry, but also the duplicates, which are ranked somewhere around #137. Here's a link to the duplicates: Sunnywood's Duplicate Toned Morgans

And ... thanks TD for the shoutout !!!!

Best,
    Sunnywood
  • Sunnywood's coins ruleimage
    steve

myCCset
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Sunnywood has studly toned coins,and great taste.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope you enjoyed looking through not only my Primary Set, ranked #6 on the Registry, but also the duplicates, which are ranked somewhere around #137. Here's a link to the duplicates

imageimageimageimage

Must be nice to have "duplicates" that look like that! Man, I'm so jealous it's not healthy. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file