Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Collector/HSN

Right now they're pitching 2006 Buffalo's in IGC MS-70 Holders for $1799.00 claiming this is such a great deal as it's last years price.

I don't get it. How do these guys get away with this crap?

Seriously. Is this not fraud what they are doing??

Comments

• Options
    Well they capitalize on suckers like the great P.T. Barnum
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well they capitalize on suckers like the great P.T. Barnum >>

The government is SUPPOSED to protect those "suckers" as you call them. Where is the government on this? Are they even bigger scumbags than these "sellers" ?
  • Options
    The goverment looks out for number 1 . Politics = leagal extorsion
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    More people on a more frequent basis need protection from the government.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Well they capitalize on suckers like the great P.T. Barnum >>

The government is SUPPOSED to protect those "suckers" as you call them. Where is the government on this? Are they even bigger scumbags than these "sellers" ? >>

The government wants you to spend your stimulus check on the HSN economy.image
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    It's not just a 2006 1 oz. Gold Buffalo piece of bullion, It's a rare ICG MS70 2006 Buffalo $50 Gold Coin. There is a difference you know.

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    While I do agree that they're screwing people I also believe people should educate themselves on what they're buying and not depend on the govt' to protect them from themselves. It's one thing if these people actively seek buyers, but the buyers are coming to them as in tuning in to watch and in the end the buyer does receive something as opposed to people who defraud seniors by getting access to their bank acounts.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While I do agree that they're screwing people I also believe people should educate themselves on what they're buying and not depend on the govt' to protect them from themselves. It's one thing if these people actively seek buyers, but the buyers are coming to them as in tuning in to watch and in the end the buyer does receive something as opposed to people who defraud seniors by getting access to their bank acounts. >>

Nobody said we should depend on government for this however it's in the Constitution as one of governments jobs and it just seems to me that while the government is ripping us off in a WIDE variety of other ways, they could be ending the careers of dirtbags who rip people off.

Then again, to heck with the Constitution eh? Why not, it's all a matter of "opinion" anyway and who needs that old thing that most people haven't a clue about .

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Then again, to heck with the Constitution eh? . >>

Our govt' has taken this attitude too. image What's scary is the people that spend this money on things like this are armed with credit cards. Usually people like this has spent their whole life in stupid mode, spent tens of thousands on crap and have little to show for all of that debt.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    It is a high price. It is not a crime to charge a high price. If it is at what percentage is the cross over to crime in terms of markup? How much is fair for expenses and advertising?

Some dealers work on slim margins and high volume. Some work on fatter margins. Some have minimal expenses. Some have a lot of overhead, plus advertising. There is no one-size-fits all in the coin business.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file