Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where to get square tubes for wrapped coin rolls?

Hi all,
I am trying to find the square plastic coin tubes that will hold bank wrapped or US Mint wrapped coin rolls. I'm specifically looking for tubes that will hold the Sac and Pres dollars right now. I've searched a bunch of online sites, and some say CoinSafe tubes will hold wrapped rolls, then others say CoinSafe will NOT hold wrapped rolls. Before I spend the big bucks on shipping, does anyone know for sure about whether CoinSafe tubes will hold wrapped rolls or not? Likewise, I can't find the manufacurer's website for CoinSafe tubes. Does anyone know who makes those tubes? Thanks. image
"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe that there are tubes available that will completely hold a wrapped roll. I'm using standart 25 coin tubes, but the top will not completely seal the tube. better than nothing...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you COULD by the Ike/Morgan holder ones and place yours in them. You will have left over room but, other than that, I haven't noticed one that will correctly, and snugly, hold wrapped rolls of that denomination.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OPA, It sounds like at least the coin roll will slide into the tube without damaging the wrapper or getting stuck, as I've had happen. What's the brand name of the tubes you are using? Thanks!

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OPA, It sounds like at least the coin roll will slide into the tube without damaging the wrapper or getting stuck, as I've had happen. What's the brand name of the tubes you are using? Thanks! >>

I'm using: COINSAFE tubes with the flat bottom. A lot of other brands have a recessed bottom..don't get them, because the roll will get stuck.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, Bochiman. I'll keep that in mind; although I'd prefer something a little more snug.

My Registry Sets

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file