Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

snipe issue

my snipe is set with a 3 sec timer... and I just saw it snipe with 20 seconds left......
what the FFFF!!!! I lost

Comments

• nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Chances are the high bidder would have won anyway, I think???

If you're upset about losing, you may have to just bid higher next time... no?

No joking intended here, just my opinion.

EDIT: Oh ya, I think that because 20secs isn't much time, did you notice the high bidder enter a bid in that amount of time and then another bid to top yours?
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I think his point is that it went off early? no?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>I think his point is that it went off early? no? >>

Ya, I've actually had that happen. I use just snipe.
  • fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Even if it went off with 20 seconds left that would be very tough for someone to top with a manual bid and thats really all a snipe is about (beside convenience of bidding while your away from computer).

If anything, in rare cases it may help you. If your snipe went off at 20 seconds and some other guys snipe for the exact same amount went off with 3 seconds you win because your bid was first.
  • Don't listen to the newbie. I can submit a bid in about 5 seconds.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree.. if not using a snipe.. I will wait until about 11 seconds left to start my bid
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched from Justsnipe to Gixen after a few problems.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • I always bid last 3-5 seconds, never before that. Sometimes its to late, but sometimes my computer is feeling good and I win image

All other bids make no sense to me, the only one that counts is the last 3 to 5 seconds to win it.

Giovanni
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I couple of years ago, I was useing another snipe service. It passed wind twice. I lost both auctions to a lower bid. I now use Auction sniper .com. I have to pay for each snipe. Its great for when I'm at work or when the action is very heavy on certain night. I then snipe the ones I really want and do battle with the ones that I can afford to lose. Auction sniper has never missed an assignment.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell

• << <i>Don't listen to the newbie. I can submit a bid in about 5 seconds. >>

ditto
  • I feel bad for all these people giving these snipe services their passwords. IMO I think some of these companies could be a scam artist waiting to strike and steal your account to commit fraud.

I wouldn't trust me password with anybody. Isen't that how it works? You gotta give them your password right? You think because they look like a big company that their not scammers? Don't trust anybody, but you can sure trust your own fingers to do the snipping for you! image

Giovanni
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...the only one that counts is the last 3 to 5 seconds to win it."

//////////////////////////////////

I must agree.

I like justsnipe, but 5 seconds is enough for me to do it myself.

I am not worried about giving out the password. I use a buying
    account, and if it gets jacked it's no biggie.

I seldom buy anything anymore, but if I do I snipe.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

• << <i>"...the only one that counts is the last 3 to 5 seconds to win it."

//////////////////////////////////

I must agree.

I like justsnipe, but 5 seconds is enough for me to do it myself.

I am not worried about giving out the password. I use a buying
    account, and if it gets jacked it's no biggie.

I seldom buy anything anymore, but if I do I snipe. >>

Oh, thats a pretty good idea to use a buying account and not your selling.

You know, I can never understand the people who bid from day one all the way to day seven, especialy the guys who keep bidding making it go up, WHY??????? image It makes no sense to me. If you want that card, thats no way to do it because you will most likely not win it, the snipper will always win, so why bid at all? Why not make up snipe it for the first 99 cent bid? image

Giovanni
  • 5 seconds is an eternity. I have never used a sniping service and can get 1 to 3 second snipes on a regular basis. I have gotten a few 0 second snipes in..

You still would have lost the auction regardless of when your snipe went in.