Home Metal Detecting
Options

First coin find

KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
So I went out for a while yesterday afternoon in my front yard and stumbled across my first coin find. Some kid must have buried his penny collection next to the driveway back in the late '40s. I dug up 18 wheaties in one spot. And the latest date is 1946. Not too bad. Also ran across a silver cross pendant. So in my first two outings I have found gold, silver and some coinage!!! I think I will be enjoying this new hobby.
Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history

Comments

• Options
    Sheesh!..........You're doing a whole lot better than I did when I first started. It took me two weeks to find my first wheatie, a 1939! But on that same note, I found a Merc dime that day too.

Keep it up!
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Silver and Gold in your first two outings? Better slow down or you'll make the rest of look bad! image

Very nice job Robert.
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    what a start to md'ing.....i guess the hobby has got you "line, hook, and sinker" ...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Cool!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    That is a MAJOR case of beginners luck that seems to holding on!! You lucky guy, ride this streak as long as you can! Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    LOL! That's what I keep telling my wife. After this I will be hard pressed to find anything decent now because of the beginner's luck.
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    I wouldn't say that, I'd say you landed yourself in a great spot for detecting! You know the small child that at one time lived in your home, had to have friends in the neighborhood! I bet there's truck loads of great finds just waiting for you to bring them to light. image Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Nice score! Now go find 18 Indian Heads. LOL!
  • Options
    i have a feeling you'll be the new stud on the forum. this hobby is addictive. i felt the same way back in 1986 and i still have'nt got tired of it yet.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding!!!! Great good fortune... all in your own yard. I hope your luck continues.... MD'rs get vicarious thrills just reading of the good fortune of others.... motivational as well. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thats a nice group of coins. Hoping you continued success from one newbie to another.