Home Metal Detecting

unusual find at the old army air field tonight

i went back to the old army air field again tonight, inspired by my recent finds there, and came home with a huge sterling silver ring.....at first i thought it was our lord and savior jesus christ, but now i'm not so sure....it has an uncanny likeness of one osama bin laden....if anyone recognizes the face, please let me know.....for now i'll call it my jesus ring...i took a pic of it before tossing it into the tumbler, but for some reason it's not on my card ? this pic was taken after a couple of hours in the tumbler....it's marked sterling, and by the condition it's condition was in , i think it may very well be from the WWII days of the base, but who knows ? i found it about twenty yards from where the merc was recovered along with the cig case and half of a military pin....i think i found a spot that may hold some more goodies, time will tell....hh
"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• It kinda looks like a genie.....maybe if you rub it a wish will come true..image
  • crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Never have seen a ring like that. My first impression was Arabian. Whoever it is looks to be grimacing. Nice snag Dubba!
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Nice chunk of silver. I see you tracked it down. I would have voted to Osama too.
    imageimageimage
  • Nice ring. Sultan has a nicer ring to it than osama. ;O)

• << <i>Nice chunk of silver. I see you tracked it down. I would have voted to Osama too. >>

Good Job on getting the info ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Ya know, Bin Laden was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pic.
  • i found one for sale on goantiques.com.....i corrosponded with them and the lady told me that the ring she has was a gift to a friend while he was in saudi arabia in 1980 ? makes ya wonder ?...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭✭
    So OSAMA's Bin Hiding right under our noses and near an army airbase?!image
  • Wow...... Nice ring. This has turned out to be a nice month for jewelry finds. Congrats,hh

• << <i>i found one for sale on goantiques.com.....i corrosponded with them and the lady told me that the ring she has was a gift to a friend while he was in saudi arabia in 1980 ? makes ya wonder ?...hh >>

??? Did see save it from the pawn shop?

>><FONT face=Verdana>This handsome fellow turned up at the closing sale of a local pawn shop. No one seemed to know much about him. He is a size 7<<

Just wondering...

Jerry</FONT>
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • that's what it said on the web site jerry, but when she e mailed me back she said it was a gift for a friend who was in saudi arabia in 1980 and that it was made there....?...conflicting reports, which story to believe ?....it's a neat find for me none the less...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...never saw one like that before.... However, silver rocks.... Cheers, RickO