Home Metal Detecting
Options

Went out detectin' on Easter Sunday.

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
'Twas a glorious spring day, and a great day to be outside, except towards the late afternoon and evening, the sand gnats got rather fierce.

It ended up being a somewhat disappointing outing, considering we hit FOUR old Victorian houses and three of them were previously untouched by detectorists.

Oddly enough, the only real finds came up at the one we'd hunted before (the London Street house that I posted about in December).

I only got a 1942 wheatie and a silver cufflink as keepers, but the cufflink is kind of neat, and clearly marked "STERLING".

My pal Ty outdid me in the coin department, finding three wheaties dated 1912, 1913, and 1955-D.

Not sure why the virgin house yards were so unproductive. I suspect the first one had some mineralization issues and was just one of those yards that doesn't pan out like you think it should. The second virgin site was small (Ty's new residence), and didn't have much yard, and the third... well... that one will be interesting when we return. Only had about 20 minutes or so there, at the end of the day.

Will try to post a few pics later, even though the finds were lackluster and not really worthy of a full writeup.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Too bad on the small returns....What kind of machine is Ty using now?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some days are just not productive.... oh well, next time. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LM ,,what are you going to do ,,not everyday can you being home the good stuff !! but at least you got out for some fun !!

Touch Not The Cat Bot A Glove !!

Always Looking for Raw Proof Lincoln Cents !!