Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

WTB: One roll of 1911 Barber Dimes

I've got one roll of 1911 wheat cents. I've got one roll of 1911 V nickels.

Now it's time for me to seek out 1911 Barber Dimes...one roll of them.

I'm looking for cheapness, not quality. Coins as low quality as "Good" are acceptable to me, but i'd like 'em as high as I can go without paying for something that will be simply kept in a roll. I'm not looking for indistinguishable worn slugs, but i'm not looking for quality either. A roll of 'cheap album fillers' will do.

Why am I doing this? My house was built in 1911 and i'm taking the time to hide 1911 coins in the nether recesses of the house for someone to discover someday decades from now. Wierd. But I derive enough pleasure from the hunt that i'll do it!

Barber dimes of the year 1911 don't seem to be particularly rare, nor particularly expensive, so i'm hoping this is a possible request and someone actually has something like this! Please PM me if you have something! Thanks!

Comments

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    One bump for today. Can't wait 'til the 15th to get my own avatar!
    A saturday morning bump. A few proof sets have 'BIN' purchased already. Time to go to Office Depot for more shipping supplies! My proof sets are about to fly to various points across the US.
    Many auctions ending in a few minutes...

Typical sunday afternoon crush of listings on eBay!
    Proof sets that did not sell last week have been relisted at bargain basement prices...

Lots of stuff starting at 99 cents.
    Buy buy buy!

• cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    I almost bid on that Rosy....image

I know this is an Auction to make a "statement" about scammers. But I really like that toning..image

• snizzlesnizzle Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭
    watch out cinman14 i have my eyes on both those beauty'simage

i hope the right person see your statement ive read your previous threads

Tom
  • cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    back off there snizzle I was here first......image

That MONSTER TONER IS ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MINE I TELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Hi Adam,

You should be careful posting those auctions here!

I still have Dog's $35,000.00 Buff Nickel from a few years back!

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    It was stored for hundreds of years in a safe and acquired this special monster peacok end roll bag toning in a totally natural way.

Umm, it's a 2006-D Dime. image

I rather buy the time machine that makes this possible. image
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Found in an estate sale too.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Did grandma keep this in her secret place?
    *bump* to the top...I want to purchase some US Mint Uncirculated Sets. Details in the top post. Thanks!
    A bump to the top, as I am wanting to get some 2008 Gold Buffalo Proof 1 ounce display boxes.

I'm sure someone here is going to slab their coins and toss the packaging. Shame! Perhaps someone can sell me one or two.
    A bump for today.

Anyone have a 2008 gold buffalo one ounce proof ... box

to sell to me?

I'll clarify again: I'm not looking for the little blue cardboard jobs they produced in 2006 and 2007. I'm looking for the wood and leather bound box for the 2008 PROOF OUNCE.

Thanks!
    By now, more folks will have gotten theirs.

I suppose that ordering a single in this size is uncommon.

Based on how the coins became unavailable at the mint, it seems that the most popular are the 1/10th, 1/4 and 1/2 size circulateds, followed by the 4 coin uncirc set and the 1/10th proof.
    The rest have not sold out of their first production run yet, if we can trust what the mint website says.

One more proof case wanted...bump to the top for Monday...

Hopefully more folks will be getting these in and submitting...thus rendering the mint packaging utterly useless!!! To them!!!

Anyone getting their Gold Proof 1 ounce 2008 buffalos? And sending them into PCGS? You have a mint box I want!!!
    Bump. Hopefully these are coming in to folks now.

Bueller? Bueller?
    ttt
    To The Top...

I'm sure that someone out there has a Buffalo Box that they would otherwise discard! Sell it to me!!!

(1 ounce 2008 gold proof buffalo - the wooden box/case thingy)
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    I am going to bump you because you sound so fervent in your search for this elusive box image
    To the top for today.

Still looking...

Nobody yet?

Will I really have to buy a 1 ounce proof buffalo from the mint and sell the worthless metallic insides so that I can have just the box? Save me from absurdity!!!

I'll pay $50 for one of these boxes. Is that insane or what? You could almost buy a whole tank of gas with that sort of cash!

Also, i'll pay $500 for a Jefferson Liberty half ounce...see the first post for details, as I want one in the mint capsule, not one in a plastic slab.
    ttt for today...

Want a Jefferson Liberty Proof half ounce of gold with mint packaging.

Want a 2008 Gold Buffalo Proof ounce...packaging only(!)

bump. want boxes.
    box!
    Wow, thanks to the BST, both my 2006 and 2007 ounce buffalos are in new, strange packaging that matches the 2008 packaging. Very pretty. And consistent. Good way to tune into my OCD. Except for these two empty blue boxes I don't know what to do with. Hm. I'll deal with that later.

Bumping this thread because I have a new, strange desire.

One roll of 1911 Barber Dimes.

(If you happen to have a roll of 1911 Barber Quarters, please contact me. I can purchase rolls of 1911 coins out of order as well. I'm doubtful anyone has a roll of halves. I'm glad there are no dollar coins that year. I don't think i'm going to do rolls of gold.)