Home Metal Detecting
Options

First outing and we have gold!!!

KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
Well I finally got to go out for my first time today. Went to a house that is just over 100 years old. I found every pop top that made its way to ND. But I also found a 14k gold ring and an old tube of Helen Neushaefer lipstick. I was pretty impressed with the Bounty Hunter today. The ring was about 5 inches deep. So all in all a pretty decent day for my very first outing. Didn't find one coin the entire day either. Oh well.

Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history

Comments

• Options
    thats a great first hunt!...i'll bet i did over 100 hunts before finding my first gold...wtg!...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Awesome finds! I had the same problem with those pop tops and cans a couple of weeks ago. Some of the veterans suggested my sensitivity button was to high. Seems like it has helped, although i'm still getting an occasional pop top here and there. Hope your luck continues and congrats on the gold.
  • Options
    Fantastic!....image
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    If I had to get shunked when I went coinshooting, a nice gold ring would certainly make me feel better.
    That's one heckuva job for a first time!
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    With a first day like that...Who needs coins! ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I think I'll chalk this one up to beginner's luck. Now I suppose it will be an uphill battle for a while.
    Robert

• Options
    Very nice Robert. image Congrats on the gold. Fourteen karat is good stuff.

From the looks of the lipstick tube you might want to hammer that spot for all it's worth. Might just be some Ag there too.

Did you say North Dakota? I love it there. Pop tops or not.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>
    Did you say North Dakota? I love it there. Pop tops or not.

G. >>

Yeah it is pretty quiet here but I miss being in SoCal
    Robert

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ring... you should have bagged the dirt and sifted it for the stones... they may have been there. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Way to go Karb. Nice finds. Was there any frost in the ground? I still have to chisle frost about 3 inches down
  • Options
    Yeah there was still frost but I stayed around the sunny areas of the yard.
    Robert