Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Here is my latest update on the Langbord lawsuit regarding the 10 1933 double eagles.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
Curiosity got the best of me today and I peeked at the case to see what is happening since I last gave a report in January.

Well, no further action has been taken in the case. No hearings have been set on the discovery motions that were filed by both sides. No court rulings have been issued.

Though I assume lots of stuff has been happening behind the scenes (by the lawyers, parties and investigators), no additional substantive court filings are present. Zip, Nada, Zero, Nothing.

How boring is that?

Last August the court set a deadline of 5-5-2008 for something to happen (I do not remember exactly what at this time but I recall it has something to do with filing motions).

I will check back after 5-5-2008 and give a further update. TTFN.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the time and trouble. I appreciate your effort!
    Mark

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTFN?? IIRC that was defined in the Preppy Handbook way back around 1980, you dinosaur image

Thanks for the legal update.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Sanction ll... many of us are very interested in this case. We appreciate your updates. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope this works out... If it does, I'll send mine in for slabbing.... Ooops, did I say that, never mind.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    I will only submit one at a time of mine. I want to keep the rarity scale high.
    I am serious! and don't call me Shirley
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will PCGS offer a "BULK RATE" discount on these if someone sends in 100 or more pcs? image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for keeping an eye on the case. I think it's going to be a very interesting case when things get rolling.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many more Izzy stashed in that shop. If this gets resolved in favor of the Langboards, it would not surprise me if 10 to 20 more show up.
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to update us. I look forward to any and all info you may want to share.

THanks
    RAH
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Last August the court set a deadline of 5-5-2008 for something to happen... >>

at which time, they'll set a deadline for something to happen, I assume. Why does this remind me of the UN passing resolutions?
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's going to be a very interesting case when things get rolling.

You mean they're going to be available in rolls?? image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of the speed of due process, it seemed appropriate to bring some bones out of the closet for the Trick or Treaters.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file