Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

A coin cabinet

2»

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really terrific... a huge congrats and I can hardly wait to see the images when you bring it home

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to throw my appreciation out there also. What an amazing story & piece of history.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased to see that you've acquired the original cabinet. "items found" only add to the mystique of what you've accomplished and the images of its arrival, unpacking and subsequent discovery of the "hidden treasure" is, as the French say: Inoui!". Please accept my hearty congratulations on this "fantasy realized", if I may call it that.image

ed for spl
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Thanks for the updates with the pics, I can't wait to see the repaired cabinet with the medals in place. I am so in awe of the history of your cabinet and of your knowledge and collection... I for one would pay to see such a display!

Congrats, and again this is so awesome there are no words to describe the way I feel about it.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • WOW, did I pick the right time to venture to the darkside, haven't been here much as of late.

Simply amazing!

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it arrived safe and sound, Scott. That is one helluva cabinet! And congrats on the "cache", man image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    kewl! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • cachemancacheman Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭
    The cabinet is being dropped off by the conservator tomorrow, October 16th. I've been repainting and reorganizing my 'ManCave' in anticipation of it's arrival. All the drawers need new fabric liner so I need to get the roll of black velvet I bought a while back down to a fabric store where they can cut all the pieces to the same size. If I tried doing it myself I would end up with every size but the one need (and my wife doesn't allow me to have sharp scissors). Once relined, I can start moving my collection to their new/old home.

My fully loaded Mossberg will share a prominent place with the cabinet....image
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My fully loaded Mossberg will share a prominent place with the cabinet....image >>

Ahhh... Mossberg, the perfect HD! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    It's home safe and sound...and looking good! image
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    That piece in the bottom right corner of the hidden cache picture wouldn't happen to be a casting of this, would it??!

And since it seems I haven't said it out loud yet... freaking awesome purchase there! image
  • Awesome I love those, a neat work of craftsmanship
    A local Michigan man is making these small ones, nothing like the big cabnets but still neat

imageimageimage
    imageimage

link
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭

Bump for the backstory re: Cacheman's most excellent Goetz cabinet (to go with the other thread).

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a piece of history!
    Can anyone here suggest a size constraint storage system for medals?
    Thanks,
    Zohar