Home U.S. Coin Forum

600 u.s. free money, i want what?

Our government wants to give me 600 dollars to spend. i like all coins, but i want to spend my newfound money on say, a bust half. what can i get for 600 dollars or should i look for more than one.

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    It ain't free.

Russ, NCNE
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
    I will ask the Government to send me $1200 (this and next year) so that I can buy myself a proof 08 AGE 1oz.
  • JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭
    All I can tell you is that a couple of years ago $600 would buy you much more of a bust half than it will now image
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Pay down on DEBT first

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • rex55rex55 Posts: 39 ✭✭
    it may not be free Russ, but it is still coming. Russ i really like accented kennedy halves. what would i see for this money.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    For me it's paying down debt. If you are debt free then you can get a nice MS62 Indian gold quarter eagle for that money.
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't spend it on anything, just save it.
  • rex55rex55 Posts: 39 ✭✭
    great advice, just wanted some advice as to how besides paying off your debt, i should try to help the economy by spending this money. not everyone is in debt. i have a mortgage on my home in florida. i work every day in construction. my kids are grown . adults.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could I get mine in euros, please?

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Gov is giving us money that they don't have, and that our heirs will have to pay back.....
    Why not give us each a million dollars! The the Gov can then get rid of the entire entitlement programs, dump welfare, dump Social Security, and we can all retire! Same mind set as living on credit cards... Live now, worry about it later.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ i really like accented kennedy halves. what would i see for this money. >>

You could get close to a PCGS PR68CAM. They're about $800'ish. But, it would be better to track down a nice 67CAM in the $250 range and have some money left to buy other goodies.

Russ, NCNE

• << <i>

<< <i>Russ i really like accented kennedy halves. what would i see for this money. >>

You could get close to a PCGS PR68CAM. They're about $800'ish. But, it would be better to track down a nice 67CAM in the $250 range and have some money left to buy other goodies.

Russ, NCNE >>

Don't listen to Russ.... he is trying to use his Jedi Mind Tricks on you... More 68's for him... "These are not the Kennedy's you are looking for".... "Move Along... Move Along" image

-sm
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231

<< <i>Don't spend it on anything, just save it. >>

Good idea. That way in a few years instead of $600 purchasing power, you will have just $400.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file