Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You know your addicted to coins...

When you post to a coin forum at 2:00 in the morning.
Please fess up to your coin addicton. image. jws

Comments

• Options
    I can quit anytime.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    You know you're addicted when you find yourself looking (seriously) through your pocket change.

And actually find something of interest (nowadays) image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is Type2 and I am a addict is that a silver Querter in your pocket. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I'm just addicted to spending money on money and posting to this crazy board. image

Only a little after 11pm here.
  • Options

<< <i>You know you're addicted when you find yourself looking (seriously) through your pocket change.

And actually find something of interest (nowadays) image >>

See, that's anothe reason I'm not addicted. Even though I stand and look everytime I'm walking out, I hardley ever find anything good.image
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Now Wolfy, you know all your change grades better than Good-4. imageimageimage
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    when you work th 10am - 10pm shift. 2am is bed time. and there are only 2 things online worth doing at 2am, which help you sleep. coins are one of them.

coin-addiction is when you have to examine every coin you encounter -- mercilessly grading -- people see you staring at the change in your hand wondering if you have alzheimers or something...
    “When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>is that a silver Querter in your pocket. >>

no, i'm just happy to see you image
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options

<< <i>when you work th 10am - 10pm shift. 2am is bed time. and there are only 2 things online worth doing at 2am, which help you sleep. coins are one of them.

coin-addiction is when you have to examine every coin you encounter -- mercilessly grading -- people see you staring at the change in your hand wondering if you have alzheimers or something... >>

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I just got back from a 3 mile run because I was bored and it seemed like the cool thing to do at the time; BAD IDEA when you're so tired image

BUT, yeah coins are cool when you're super tired and don't feel like sleep.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you post to a coin forum at 2:00 in the morning.

When you're on the other coast reading through threads and responding at midnight image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    The humor and satire posted has brought me a big smile. Thanks all, I needed it. jws
  • Options
    Im Ahooka. And I am an addict. I find myself scouring over change and checking everything under my zoom scope. WTF is wrong with me???image
  • Options
    Addiction? What addition?

My current job has me working the graveyard shift, and I read the posts for their entertainment value ... image
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    ...when family vacations are timed and located with coin shows.
    ...when the pocket change you spend first are those coins you specifically know would BB at PCGS.
    ...when you reach into your pocket to get your keys and grab a loupe much of the time.
    ...when you spend less time preparing and eating meals each day than working out your eBay bids.
    ...if your browser home page or desktop wallpaper (or worse...both) are coin-related.
    ...if you have ever postponed sex to snipe a coin auction.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    I can quit anytime, I have did it a hundred times.
  • Options
    your addicted when you dream about coins!
    karate kid
  • Options
    Hello Everyone.... MY NAME IS "JOE"...I'M A COIN ADDICT!!! image
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    It started off with a single coin so many years ago. I do not know where all the time went . It all seemed so sudden. But from that first coin I knew I was in trouble image. Then the inevitable happened. My addiction to these coins became uncontrollable. No longer would one coin do anymore. I needed more and more. Sometimes I would forget what show I'd been to, or where I had aquired certain coins , I think they called it a "coinout" image. Go to a coin show in San Diego and wake up with a double row box of Indian Cents in Miami. Where'd these come from? How'd I get here? That was so many years ago.

Then found myself in Dallas, will work for coins image Traversing the country whenever I could finally finding my way back to Florida, occasionally waking in the middle of the night, still in a twilight sleep shouting out "that's my merc dime, mine! " and the rest is history.

Coins.......Coins.........COINS!.........
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    HI JOE!image
  • Options
    MercfanMercfan Posts: 700 ✭✭

<< <i>...if you have ever postponed sex to snipe a coin auction. >>

Guilty!! image

You also know you're addicted to coins when you peer into the tip jar on the counter at Dunkin Donuts, ready to make an offer for any obvious cherrypick that might be peering back at you.

"Coin collecting problem"? What "coin collecting problem"?
  • Options
    ...when you can only count up to 70.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I have the patch available for all those in need image
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you sneak out of work to go to the bank to pick-up an MO to pay for the coins you bought the night before after my supervisor went to sleep.

Robert.image
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can quit anytime. >>

That was hilarious! image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When you sneak out of work to go to the bank to pick-up an MO to pay for the coins you bought the night before after my supervisor went to sleep.

Robert.image >>

Been there, done that.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...when you have to open this thread for therapy.

Ren

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file