Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Ryan PSA 8--trimmed?

I got this card recently and it seems short in both dimensions--by about 1/16." It moves around a lot in the holder. It's a beautiful card and I want to just put it in my album, but I'm just not sure what to do with it. Any opinions?

By the way, this is nothing against the seller--he's been great.

1975 Ryan

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not happy with it, I'd recommend politely expressing your misgivings and request a return, which he clearly offers in his terms. Centering T/B on that card is not worth the cost anyway, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you buy that to crack it out and put it in an album as raw?
  • Options
    the holder is never wrong image

but if your not happy, and he takes returns...don't suffer with it. send it back.
  • Options
    Did you buy that to crack it out and put it in an album as raw?

No--I have those hard plastic PSA-holder sheets (Ultra Pro)

PSA Ultra Pro sheets
  • Options
    Nice, I bet they look good that way and easy to view. Best of luck with the card!
  • Options
    Good Evening,
    You know I usually sit on the sidelines and laugh about you guy's, but I mean really get a LIFE !!!!
    The card is what it is!!!
    If you didn't want it in that condition, then you shoudn't have bid on it. Grow up, I watch you all go on and on, about the cards !!!, You have purchased a card graded by one of the most premier grading company's on the Earth, So get over yourself, and just collect the card !!!
    WOW, I can't believe the crap that passes for conversation on these Boards !!!
    Done, Why did I ever cross over from the Non Sports Board ???
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Good Evening,
    You know I usually sit on the sidelines and laugh about you guy's, but I mean really get a LIFE !!!!
    If you didn't want it in that condition, then you shoudn't have bid on it. Grow up, I watch you all go on and on, about the cards !!!, You have purchased a card graded by one of the most premier grading company's on the Earth, So get over yourself, and just collect the card !!!
    Neil >>

Neil, I understand what your saying but in this case it is fishy if the card is moving around in a holder, its definately not a good thing- the card could possibly get dinged up, you know?
  • Options
    OK, I'll give you a little benefit of the doubt, I still think whining about the card is just asinine !!!
    If the card doesn't work for the guy, then Return it and ask for a refund, You know believe it or not, I seldom see that option mentioned, I have used it 38 times with PSA and have gotten my money back each and every time.
    And a Side note, I remember Perkdog that you work in a Prison, Myself, 6 years Federal Bureau Of Prisons for the Feds, Guarded Timothy Mcveigh and Nichols in Denver while they were on trial. Interesting 3 years, the Overtime was awesome. Instead of the normal 2 Mobiles around the Perimiter, we had another one on Overtime for a solid year !!! I picked up about 10K of that !!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>OK, I'll give you a little benefit of the doubt, I still think whining about the card is just asinine !!!
    If the card doesn't work for the guy, then Return it and ask for a refund, You know believe it or not, I seldom see that option mentioned, I have used it 38 times with PSA and have gotten my money back each and every time.
    And a Side note, I remember Perkdog that you work in a Prison, Myself, 6 years Federal Bureau Of Prisons for the Feds, Guarded Timothy Mcveigh and Nichols in Denver while they were on trial. Interesting 3 years, the Overtime was awesome. Instead of the normal 2 Mobiles around the Perimiter, we had another one on Overtime for a solid year !!! I picked up about 10K of that !!!
    Neil >>

UMMMM, PM sent.
  • Options
    OK, I'll give you a little benefit of the doubt, I still think whining about the card is just asinine !!!
    Neil
  • Options
    From Good day to Acerbic Ridicule?? Looks like Dutymon is still steamed at his last round of grades, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    The dutymon has obviously been drinking, but he still (indirectly) brings up an interesting point, and that is this: What kind of opinions/advice is a post like this really soliciting? If you think it's trimmed and that bothers you, then return it. If you think it's trimmed and that doesn't bother you, then keep it. Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    Or am I missing something?

The ever elusive third option?

• Options
    I have all kinds of cards that move around in their holders. Does this mean they're all trimmed?

Honestly, I dont have a whole lotta faith in PSA (mainly because of a recent paypal dispute I'm involved in for PSA mis-labeling a card) but this is probably legit.

Can any other 75T guys chime in and let us know if their cards move around in their slabs?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The dutymon has obviously been drinking, but he still (indirectly) brings up an interesting point, and that is this: What kind of opinions/advice is a post like this really soliciting? If you think it's trimmed and that bothers you, then return it. If you think it's trimmed and that doesn't bother you, then keep it. Or am I missing something? >>

Yes you are, boo.

Since having two logical options are not sufficent, you need:

(C) Complain on the CU message board about PSA and the matter will resolve itself immediately.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have all kinds of cards that move around in their holders. Does this mean they're all trimmed?

Honestly, I dont have a whole lotta faith in PSA (mainly because of a recent paypal dispute I'm involved in for PSA mis-labeling a card) but this is probably legit.

Can any other 75T guys chime in and let us know if their cards move around in their slabs? >>

I to have cards in some of my sets that move around in the holders.....I also have had some that they put in soft sleeves and then placed in the holders...not many but a few.....

I never gave it a second thought that they might be trimmed or something but then again I don't measure the cards once they've been graded...
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good Evening,
    Neil >>

Is this for real?

Hi pot, meet kettle.

So you're slamming this guy for being concerned about a card he purchased, graded by " one of the most premier grading company's on the Earth"....as you stated. Yet, you complain about grades in your thread titled "Poppage and I Waited 2 months for this Crap !!!!"

Remember the grades you received were given by " one of the most premier grading company's on the Earth"....so, in your own words " get over yourself, and just collect the card !!!
    WOW, I can't believe the crap that passes for conversation on these Boards !!!"

That's slightly hypocritical. Wouldn't you agree Neil?

matt

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    dutymon = dbh?

the drama

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good day Matt,
    Actually you are right...Sort of, I am being hypocritical, but actually I wasn't stating my rant about the grade but about it being trimmed. I read in these threads all the time that a lot of the posters here slab there cards so they now the are Authentic, Untouched, Un..ect. So if PSA slabs a card, then as I stated One of the Premier card grading companys have given their Professional opinion that the card is 100% real, untrimmed..ect. I wasn't and didn't comment about the grade...And yes my grades are sometimes crap, and sometimes good, whether I am right or wrong, still my opinion and Rant....
    Anyway I'll watch myself in the future,
    And have a Great day !!!!!!
    Neil
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    You will always think that it has been trimmed and never truly know...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Since technology wasn't the best of the best 33 years ago can it be possible that it was just cut a little short at the factory?????

HMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!

I can't really tell for sure with that scan but the card looks sharp and centered and a solid 8.

JMO ...........

Dave D.
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    If the 75 Topps Regular Cards are anything like the 75 Topps Mini's.... I'd say the card could easily be miss-cut at the factory. I've come across scores of miss-cut factory cards with regard to the 75 Topps Mini's. The problem is quite common. This Ryan card isn't even close to being as bad as some of the Mini's I'v'e seen. PSA grades some and claims trimmed or miss-cut on others...... but all the one's I've handled from previously unopened packs were all factory cut cards. Alas, quality control was not a high priorty for Topps at .15 cents a pack image
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions.

(Man, you never have any idea what topics will get heated!)