Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

does psa allow trimming??

on exhibit cards from the 60's?? like post cereal???
just curious if anyone knows..

Comments

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    do you mean hand cut or hand cutting?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes...oh wait, there was more to your question?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    yes..hand cut..does psa allow that??
    a guy I know is selling one but I think it might be trimmed...
  • Options
    If it is an old post card or the like.....doesn't it have to be trimmed?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I dont know anything about exhibits..
    post cards yes.. they have to be trimmed...
  • Options
    No trimming is allowed on exhibits. There are a lot out there that have been trimmed but they will be rejected by psa and/or sgc.
  • Options
    How about some of the old33/34 Goudeys, that have the rounded corners , they're trimmed right? will those get into holders and graded , or just be slabbed Authentic ?
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    hand cut cards are allowed but if there is a border you better cut outside the border.

trimmed cards can be slabbed as authentic, I think you have to request on the order form and it should be an important card, not a 91 fleer common.

Here's a hand cut card they graded recently

• Options
    I think technically, any card that is not issued on a box or carton (or some other media that the only way to retrieve the card would be to cut it out), are not allowed to be trimmed to receive a grade. Exhibits were not required to be cut out of anything, so no go on them being trimmed.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    no trimming but they do allow slight frosting and shaving of the bushimage

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    on exhibit cards from the 60's?? like post cereal???

Oakesy 'Exhibit' cards and Post cereal cards are 2 different things.

With that said the answer is NO to Exhibits, YES to Post cereal cards.

The Post/Jello whatever cards need to have the dotted line showing in order to get a numerical
    grade. Nam just had some 'Hostess' cards graded and he cut them from the boxes.

I would assume that PSA would holder certain 'Exhibits' those from the 30's of such players
    as Ruth and the like, but only as authentic. (if they were indeed trimmed that is)

Steve
    Good for you.